The song's name is "Outloud"

The whole package is definitely there on this song.
The writing is good as well as the performance.
I liked the harp mixed in there, very classy.
Do you record on a computer alone?
I would try maybe putting your song on http://www.nowhereradio.com/, I found your site was too slow.
Very well done.

Sounds good! I actually wrote a reply already but my browser crashed when I hit the post button.

Your tunes/lyrics have good pop appeal. You should send them into shows like the OC, Dawson's Creek, WB type stuff. Lots of people have made it in the biz from getting on shows like that (I used to have some friends of friends who picked the music for these shows... unfortunately my music doesn't really fit the bill). :)

The only suggestion I have is maybe try to eq some lows out of the rhythm guitar (or rerecord w/ different mic placement) on Outloud - sounded a little boomy/muffled to me? The guitars on harbor of lights and hold on to your roots sounded better to me.

Cheers,
Brendan

Paco said:

The only suggestion I have is maybe try to eq some lows out of the rhythm guitar (or rerecord w/ different mic placement) on Outloud - sounded a little boomy/muffled to me?

Thank you for the listen and the suggestions. I think you're right about eq-ing the low out of the guitar. Just the type of little thing that you don't pick up cause you listen to the mix so much you forget it's there. That's why I love the clinic.

Andrew.

auburncatfish, cool songs on nowhere. I took a listen to all 3. I think in Outloud, that the eq'ing the lows in the guitar would be a preference to you. To me, it just sounded natural. I usually eq the lows in the guitar when they clash with the singing. I didn't see that happining in Outload. Of course, I'm no master of recording or mastering. I just like good music. Thanks for the listen.

smooth tune. 'taking some of the lows around 100 to 300 down a few db let the vocal and harp come out a bit more and cleared a slight muddiness on the low end. The vocal could have a bit more low mids and the harp a tad little louder.
I been pickin along with this, its a real nice piece.

Flash - Thanks for the listen and the advice. I guess I'll try out an eq cut and then make a decision.

Toki - Thanks again for the collab. Let me know if you want the wave file to work on more.

CanopuS - I recorded the guitars and harp with a MXL 1000 condensor and the vox with a shure sm 58 in my attic with Cakewalk Sonar. Thanks for the listen.

Everybody - Toki added some parts to this song which I think sound pretty good. He posted a thread for the mp3, but here's the link anyway.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists...id=2054&alid=-1

Thanks again.

Andrew.

I really like the lyrics and the immense feel of this tune.

I`m glad you like the comp ideas. I`ll pm you.

Last edited:
Nicely done!

...gives inspiration to dig through stacks of old lyrics and song snips and get something posted here.

Cheers!

GC

I enjoyed the guitar and the singing.

Was altogether a very good song.

I concur with the comments that this song would work wonders on a movie or TV soundtrack, right when someones been dumped and theyre walking aimlessly down the road. It's perfect

Cheers

yiordanaki

Back