Songs From The Cover Band I'm In.

VOXVENDOR

These are songs I recorded with my Cover Band 2 days ago.... (Not the one I am in with Chris Tondreau... Thats the original band.)

I'm on Drums.

Were still tightening up...1-2 months away from playing live yet.

The guys showed up the other night, and I informed them I was going to record us......

I got mixed reactions from the band....LOL

The pressure of the tape running had everyone a bit nervous.. I'm used to recording but then I became nervous cause they were nervous.

These guys are really good musicians....

We are playing almost like robots..You know that nervous pressure feeling, and your hands go numb...

They way I was set up the singer could barely hear himself, and there was a good amount of latency..

So what your about to hear is pretty rough, and I must say usually we sound a hell of a lot better..

But thought you guy might like to hear what were up to...

3 Mics on the drums.... Guitar-'57...... Bass- AT Dynamic... Singer..'58

I know the guitar has an aweful room reverb on it... Thats my fault at mix down... Just too lazy to go back and fix it since it's only a rough recording..... Went a bit overzealous with the reverb.

5 Songs Posted.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1938&alid=-1

TIA.

Joe

that doesnt sound 1-2 months away to me.....this is rock and roll......get out and play now.....i think the issues that need to be worked out need to be worked out live.....

i saw Poison play many many times live and NBAGT is just as tight as they were....(except those 2 seconds we talked about,lol).....

We do "It's my Life" By Bon Jovi

And we normally do backing vocals.. just didn't worry about them for this recording..

We are trying to be 80's rock Pop and 90's alternative Genre...

We went to a bar and played a jam night and people fucking freaked out when we pulled out a poison tune... college kids love that shit.... It's funny and cool all at once.

I listened to Gel and Nothin but a Good Time.............nice stuff

I really liked Nothing but a Good Time......spot on guitar tones

"Limelight" rocks man.I've never heard a band cover that song in all my years of playing in/going to clubs.Not bad for a live take.You are getting a GREAT drum sound.Solid as a rock man.Nothing like the real thing.This sounds tough Vox.

Listened to NBAGT (of course) and Gel. Good stuff. Lay the harmonies down for us to hear. Then, get your asses out there gigging!

starseed...

look HOW DO YOU GET THOSE DRUMS TO SOUND SO FAT?!?!?!?
man thats cool...great vocals on this!!!...i would say the drums are almost too loud....but because they sound so fucking good its ok.lol...joseph bocheck..you have great drum sounds (the playing is awful tho)......hahahahaha..thats a joke:D...

i would listen to that *ahem*.."poison"...tune but i would have to kick my ass afterwards.....hehehe..

coolness wayne
jamal

Are you doing the vox...VOX? On the Poision toon? Man if you are, ya sounding great. Damn you guy's need to go now, don't wait man. Btw have you ever heard of the band U.S.A.? They are a band from Canada that plays these parts quiet often...they rock pretty hard. You guy's do too..

cool.. I went straight for 'limelight.' It said you were still working the bugs out so I'll let it slide. :) It was really good for the most part.. it seemed like the bass player was having the most trouble.. I had to hear NBAGT and that was good too... it sounded better.. this is a great live recording! It's pretty cool that you can be such a high quality vocalist, and then sit behind a drum set and pull it off without a problem.. good luck with the shows!

I agree with a couple comments above. I too went first to Limelight and thought it was very good for what you got going. The solo lost a little oomph...but a tuffie to pull off. But, like Gidge said, if you've got the setlist filled, I'd get out there and start gigging. You can perfect so much, and doing it on the gig will go a longer way, imo. You're close enough now with the sound, that's for sure.

so...howcome you're not in THREE bands...slacker!!

Thanks alot everyone...

I am going to record us tommorow morning at 10 am... if I get anything good, I will post em up..

Thanks for taking the time to listen....

I totally agree with the limelight comments.. I think during the next week or so, it's going to tighten up a bunch....

That was the first time that we got right through it... We were all happy we got through it, but still a bit unsure... I totally agree about the bass guy having troubles... (coming out of the solo right Sam??..At least thats where I really noticed it)

I missed alot of Neil Pearts stuff in that song too.. the solo is very complicated fancy rolls etc near the end of the solo in weird time signatures........... The solo starts in a weird time signature and 1/4 of the way through switches time again.....

I play with my heart when it comes to drumming, so I suck at counting, which makes that song really hard for me...

But we are determined to make it right..

Thanks alot guys.. all comments are usefull and appreciated!!

I will get some more up and let yaz know.

Joe

Hey, I liked the verb on the drums and also the sound of them. 3 mics? What? A stereo overhead and a kik mic? I thought they sounded very good. I think that the player had a lot to do with that too!

Overall, the song (Nothing But A Good Time)seemed mixed right, level-wise. You have a good rockin group here. It would be a lot of fun to be in something like this, for sure.

One crit--seems like the bass is not always in tune with the guitar. Possibly an intonation or setup problem on the instrument. The bass player is doing all the right stuff though. Like I said, just something to check into--a minor fix.

I WISH I could sing those high notes like that!

......"Were still tightening up...1-2 months away from playing live yet."........

Now get back in your room and practice. Man, Joe, this sounds tight to me. So you got two bands. Bitch. It is amazing how the gang will clam up when they know the button has been pushed. Even though we don't do it for giggin or anything, most nights I push the button and all's well. Then as soon as I cut it off, there goes the best tunz of the night. I hate it when that happens. Good band dude. Good luck. Say hi to Chris.

Dan

I checked out Limelight, really good stuff.

The bass guy is struggling, he will get better in time.

My only problem was the vocals. He has a good voice, sings well, but the tune seems out of his range. Lets face it, it is out of everybody's range except for Geddy and some Castrati's, but he is flat on a lot of high notes.

Good stuff, going back in to check out the others.

Thanks!

Ok.. We had a great practice today, and did some nice shit.. I am in the process of posting it up on NWR...

Some More Poison Stuff..... And Twisted Sister... Van Halen, Duran Duran.... And Platinum Blonde....

Should be up within the next hour.

Joe

Listened to Limelight and Gel, both sound really good, excelent drum sounds! The only thing I could think of was making the vocals a bit louder, other than that, nice job!

very good stuff.....

Talk Dirty - yeah, you got it.....

Hungry - yeah, good one again....big Duran Duran fan here......John Taylor is SOOOOOO cute.....during that break where theres supposed to be some misc. female moaning, if you arent gonna reproduce that, you can just cut it out....

Back