A song for my daughter

Fab4ever

Getting better
Hello all. I recorded this song last weekend in my very humble on-the-road studio: AT 4047 into a Line 6 UX2. Bass was a Hofner copy and guitars were Line 6 Variax. Keys were Cakewalk softsynths, recorded into Sonar 6 PE.

Please tell me what you think... I warn you though, if you don't have kids you may well find it a bit corny....

I apologize but the system won't let me attach my mp3, so I have to send you here:

www.myspace.com/christopheravemusic

It's the first song that plays, called "Twinkle (Sophia's Song)"

Thanks for listening!

Last edited:
Thanks very much True. After some feedback over at Gearslutz, I added a de-esser to the vocal and some more reverb to the piano.

Vocal could come up some.
There is a bit too much proximity effect on the vocals for me, but that is taste.
Pretty daughter!

Recording is pretty much perfect - even on MySPace it sounds great on my headphones.

You should call this Daddy's Eyes and Momma's Heart because that is the most memorable part of the song for me. Could I Have This Dance is another possibility but not as powerful IMHO (and it's been done).

I like the way you take the listener through the various ages/stages. Well Done :cool:

Thanks Steve - I agree with you about my daughter!
Yeah, I got pretty close to the mic on the quieter passages, so there's a good bit of proximity there. I have toyed with the level of the vocal but I fear if it's much louder it'll overwhelm the rest.

Ido thank you very much for your kind words. I too like the momma's heart line. Funny, it's the one line of the song that I had a bit of help on, from a friend. Figures it's the best line!

Well constructed & performed. Being a sink I can't comment on the sentiment though.

Very nice song, Fab, I have two nieces named Sophia. Pretty name, and your daughter is pretty. I like the name, "Your Momma's Heart."

Suggestion for the vocal: Within Sonar 6 PE you will find the > audio effects > Sonitus > reverb > short and sweet. Put that on the vocal and then move the fader on the "reverb' parameter on the control panel until you can just hear it. It will sit with the piano better.

Good song, nice sentiment, you have to have kids to understand how much a part of your life they are. I have a son.

Back