Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Song for movie soundtrack

Thanks

Song for movie soundtrack

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey. My band was commissioned to do a song for an indie film. We whipped this off yesterday and I could use some criticism.

http://www.thepylons.com/here.mp3

Thanks

Thumbs up

Heh, I don't know if I'm the best person to provide feedback. But I could definitely imagine that song playing at the ending credits of a movie. I think the voice could be worked on a bit during the parts when none of the instruments are playing...maybe work on the reverb a bit? But overall, I like the sound of this, sounds exactly like something I'd hear in a movie. If that was your goal, you did a good job.
    Ok. Alright.

Thanks

Re: Song for movie soundtrack

Originally posted by mojew
    Hey. My band was commissioned to do a song for an indie film. We whipped this off yesterday and I could use some criticism.

http://www.thepylons.com/here.mp3
    :grin:

Sounds pretty good to me.

What kind of movie? Did they say or how do you have to figure out what style of music they want?

I have 1 I want to get in a movie. But its nothing like that. Its more easy listening along the style of some of David Gates and Bread.

D

Thanks
    I like the song. Its a little too short though. There is a timing problem in the first acoustic guitar intro.

Did you want mix criticism or did you just want to know if we liked the song? If you want mix criticism I think I could go on for about 2 paragraphs. I am not saying its in bad shape, but if you want it to be considered for a movie you'll need it to be very much more polished.

Beez
    My mic collection sucks now, but at least I have a girlfreind.

Thanks
    It's a good catchy tune and the quality of the recording is really nice. It might just be me, but I felt it needed a hair more in the mids or low end to add some fullness to the overall mix. The high end was crisp and clear, but it felt a bit shallow overall.

Nice stuff and congrats on getting on an indie film!

Thanks
    Nice feel good kinda song. Agree with bass master though I think it needs a bit more in the low end. But I enjoyed it!

Thanks
    Haha thanks everyone! I guess I was asking more for composition criticism than the mix quality. That was just a short, rough demo for the producer so he could decide if we were headed in the right direction. He actually ate it up and apparently wants to do a music video to tie in with the movie. Unfortunately they can't afford to send us to a real studio to record this so it'll have to stay with Reason drums, bass and synths instead of real instruments since my home studio/recording skill wouldn't be able to get them close to sounding that good.

Any suggestions on getting the most realistic drum sounds possible out of reason?

Thanks
    Prettygood. The drums are alright. I just got a dr 770 drum machine and I think that it is the cat's meow.

Thanks
    dyson steele: The producer sent us a few songs along the lines of what he was looking for, and we kind of went off of that.

Chicago area, probably looking for more coffee.
    Thanks
    I could see it in a movie...

Monstrous kick in there with monstrous verb is making it hard to feel my hands... I mean concentrate...

As long is it's going to be re-worked a bit, I wish you well and welcome you to the wonderful world of officially not getting properly paid for commissioned music (I have a few old tunes in indie films - Pretty bad budgets, you know?).

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Thread Information