Song called Despair

Macle,

Man that is just beautifull, your stuff is so tunefull.

Do you play all the instruments? Give us the rundown. Are you singing both parts.

I thought it was a girl singing at first, is that you? Please teach me how to sing like a girl. Great voice!

And now Macles Mother:

Macle, would it kill you to write a happy song once in awhile.

Please, you promised you were going to get a haircut today.

Macle, please put the tea away.

Absolutely great work!! But way too short.

GT

GT said:
Macle,

Man that is just beautifull, your stuff is so tunefull.

Do you play all the instruments? Give us the rundown. Are you singing both parts.

I thought it was a girl singing at first, is that you? Please teach me how to sing like a girl. Great voice!

And now Macles Mother:

Macle, would it kill you to write a happy song once in awhile.

Please, you promised you were going to get a haircut today.

Macle, please put the tea away.

Absolutely great work!! But way too short.

GT

Hey GT, thanks very much! Yes, I played all the instruments. As far as the vocal sounding like a girl, there's a new Antares Chick Singer plug-in!! Actually, that IS a girl (my girlfriend). You sound exactly like my mother, especially the haircut bit!!

Thanks again,
Macle

H2H and Velvet E, don't know why it wasn't working. I did notice yesterday that Angelfire was giving the old Not Responding thing, but I just tried it and downloaded it and it worked. Thanks for trying, and hope you get the chance to try again.

Macle

Macle-

I got it, and again am impressed by your skills. Are you still using the TLM103? I really need to get one of those. What pre do you use with it? I'm trying to figure out how your stuff sounds SO GOOD!

One of my friends commented last night, "Either this guy is a recording expert, or he's lying to you and having it done in a pro studio!"

H2H

Great stuff macle...did you write this? I'm guessing you did. Your girlfriend did a great job on the vocals, I'm listening on these pc speakers and the music sounds really good, was wanting to hear the vox mabey a red cunt hair or two more:D It may just be these little speakers though. Like H2H said this really sounds very "PRO", very good man.

Hard2Hear said:
Macle-

I got it, and again am impressed by your skills. Are you still using the TLM103? I really need to get one of those. What pre do you use with it? I'm trying to figure out how your stuff sounds SO GOOD!

One of my friends commented last night, "Either this guy is a recording expert, or he's lying to you and having it done in a pro studio!"

H2H

Thanks H2H! On this song, I used the TLM103 on the acoustic guitar and drums (the drums are a homemade loop, where I just stuck the TLM over the snare and played the little brush grv over and over, and then picked out a decent one and looped it), and the background vocals. The mic pre is a Brent Averill API, which is really great. On the lead vocal, though, I rented a Rode Classic II, which is a really nice mic, and I wish I still had it! I just recently got a Rode NTK, though, which is a lot cheaper, but it's really good (haven't used it on anything yet). I think it's better than the TLM.

Tell your friend thanks! That is a great compliment. I do have some "pro" type stuff (the API and Emu Paris), but believe me, this ain't no pro studio!!!:D

Thanks again,
Macle

David said:
Great stuff macle...did you write this? I'm guessing you did. Your girlfriend did a great job on the vocals, I'm listening on these pc speakers and the music sounds really good, was wanting to hear the vox mabey a red cunt hair or two more:D It may just be these little speakers though. Like H2H said this really sounds very "PRO", very good man.

Thanks very much David. Yes, myself and my girlfriend wrote it. Will check the vocal, though I can't find the red cunt hair parameter. Paris only has black and blonde cunt hair, so I'll do my best. Is there a red cunt hair plugin?:D

Thanks again,
Macle

cool work.

I could not listen with internet explorer. I had to switch to netscape.

THe room that I hear on the lead voice, is that your room or is that a small room created with reverb?

I like the mic on the lead. I was just thinking" I hope the ntk sounds as good as that, then you said it was a rode. Cool.

The mix sounds ok to me. What I like best is the song itself. Very nice indeed.

peace

CyanJaguar said:
cool work.

I could not listen with internet explorer. I had to switch to netscape.

THe room that I hear on the lead voice, is that your room or is that a small room created with reverb?

I like the mic on the lead. I was just thinking" I hope the ntk sounds as good as that, then you said it was a rode. Cool.

The mix sounds ok to me. What I like best is the song itself. Very nice indeed.

peace

Thanks Cyan!!

I don't know why it wouldn't work with Internet Explorer. It must be Angelfire acting up again.

I used the Paris plate reverb on the lead vocal and most everything else (the Paris room reverb I don't get at all). Yes, the Rode mics are pretty good. I'm pretty excited about the NTK, though I'm not sure if it's as nice as the Classic II.

Thanks a lot for checking out the song, I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you like it!

Macle

Maybe it's just because I like radiohead, but I thought it was sad but strangely happy at the same time! Probably the brightness of the track. I really wish I could get achieve that kind of recording/ mixing quality...

Great opening line.

Jags

Jags said:
Maybe it's just because I like radiohead, but I thought it was sad but strangely happy at the same time! Probably the brightness of the track. I really wish I could get achieve that kind of recording/ mixing quality...

Great opening line.

Jags

Thanks Jags. Sad but strangely happy is exactly what we were going for! Thanks very much for checking it out.

Macle

No probs. I've actually been listening to it quite a lot while I compute! Your girlfriend has a great voice (I can't think who it remeinds me of), is that chance or astute selection?! :D

hi macle,

you mentioned that you might prefer the nt classic to the ntk.

Could you please quantify this. Is it not the u87 beater that everybody says it is?

The reason is that I am planning to get one, and i want to hear some true opinion from someone who has owned it long enough.

Jags said:
No probs. I've actually been listening to it quite a lot while I compute! Your girlfriend has a great voice (I can't think who it remeinds me of), is that chance or astute selection?! :D

Hey Jags, pure chance! (She says thanks!!)

Btw, I just checked out your song. Very cool. Definitely has a very late 60's kinda sound. I really like the moving bass, I can't believe you did that with a guitar! I also liked the way you did the drums, very drummer like, though I noticed you'll be doing a more band kinda thing, so a real drummer will definitely fit your music better.
Great job. (I suppose I should be posting this on your thread!)

(I also notice you like The Beatles. They are my fave. You might want to check out the other couple tunes I have up. They are very Beatle-influenced.)

Thanks again,
Macle

CyanJaguar said:
hi macle,

you mentioned that you might prefer the nt classic to the ntk.

Could you please quantify this. Is it not the u87 beater that everybody says it is?

The reason is that I am planning to get one, and i want to hear some true opinion from someone who has owned it long enough.

There's a lot of talk about U87 beaters (the Rode NT1000, NTK, that Studio Projects C1). I don't know, I've never used a U87.

The Rode Classic II is a tube mic that's been out for awhile, and it's around $1600. It's the best mic I've used (the mics I've used are AT4033, AKG SolidTube, TLM103). It was the first mic I used where I really went "wow". Airy and warm and pro sounding. It had that sort of magic fairy dust sound.

But too much money! So when the NTK came out, and got such great reviews, I jumped on it. And it has that same sort of magic sound. Whether it's as good as the Classic II, I don't know, but I like it a lot!!

Macle

VirtualSamana said:
Anyone else having trouble downloading? I can't seem to get through.

Sorry you're having trouble. I don't know what the problem could be. Angelfire was screwing up a day or two ago, but it seems to be fine now. I tried it again, and it worked for me. I appreciate your taking the time to try though!

Macle

Back