A song

Riku

It's been a long time...

but here is one song that I was working with last spring. Give it a go and tell me what do you think?

R

Riku

is that you on guitar?
The guitars are played very well!
The vocals are well sung, could maybe use something on the production end to enhance them a little.
The backgroung electric guitar is too far back IMO.
I like your drum sound.
Overall, VERY good production:D

Nice song. Nice guitars. Nice panning ideas on the clean electrics.

Singing was pretty good. The distorted guit at 3:18 is a bit far back. Nice part though.

A big jump in volume when the chorus hits. The separation and definition falls apart a bit during the chorus.

Double tracked lead vox might sound nice on this one.

Trip...

during the chorus the snare seems to stick out a bit much. for the verses the guitar seems (to me) to be trampling on the vox a bit and the drums are too far back. I would pan the toms in a bit more mono too.

Like the sublty of the electric guitar in the background.

Riku, I really dig the music. The recording is nice too, especially the percussion.

I think the drums may be mixed a bit up front. Those toms especially jump out and punch me in the nose. I like the sound of the ride and the level it's at. Just enough for ambience.

Could use a little more of those leads.

Hmmm...the bass seems inconsistant. It seems to drop out of the mix here and there, especially during the chorus.

Good tune...good vibe. Gather up the clinic tips then go back to work on the mix. Lots of potential!

some really cool stuff going on here

seems to me though, that there are like three intros

one from 0 to 32, a second from 32 to 52, and the third from 52 to the first verse

granted, they all sound very good, but my suggestion would be to work on your arrangement here

maybe eliminate one or two, or work on the transitions

some really clean stuff though

enjoyed

Hi guys and thanks for your reply

HevyD47Ca, TripleM, FattMusiek, terrible_buddhi, SLuiCe, elephant...

Thanks a lot... I was quite sure the song would suck, big time. I think the main problem is that the song is lacking some intensivity (It's a lot better when played live) I'm playing the acoustic and singing and also responsible of those three intros
:D

Thanks for the tips... I'll try to remix it in the future...

Riku

Back