Sometimes, you just get humbled

This is his latest posting:
Hi, I am Zuriel Rubio.

I'm gonna share my secret!. LOL

The secret is simplicity!

All I did is recorded the vocals at 48KHz, 24Bits, each part recorded twice. Except for the solos. Believe or not, this arrangement is only 4 part! Jason Overstreet is a Genius when it comes to arranging.

A little tuning to Lock the Chords. (Modesty aside, It didn't really need tuning)

Ah... Before today, I didn't really know that sampler fxs existed, needless is to say that I wouldn't know how to use that Fx. I Asked my father in Law, and he told me about them.

The only Fx I used on the files are the Tuning, Dynamics (Compressor), and a Reverb on the main out channel.

So, there's my secret. People often think that to get a nice sound you have to overload the files with Fxs, but keeping them simple work for me.

I Know there are a Lot of Expert in the matter here.

Believe me, I don't know half of what you know! (I wish though)

Thanks a lot for your post, they do mean a LOT to me, specially coming from people like you. Its flattering.

God Bless you all.

One last comment on the Recording, all the notes are natural. I've used subbass Fxs before but not on the "Padre Nuestro".

Ask him to send the 2 trak sans autotune:eek: and verb

T

Isn't that kind of like asking a baker for the uncooked cake batter and icing in a separate container?

You can debate all you want about how he baked that cake, but the bottom line is, it's one sweet cake. Period.

Maybe, maybe not. OK if we disregard verb at this point the non autotuned 2 track should reveal what he's really about no?
Granted its a great arrangement, but the autotune was so obvious. His voice seems awesome, but who knows for sure?

T
Isn't that kind of like asking a baker for the uncooked cake batter and icing in a separate container?

You can debate all you want about how he baked that cake, but the bottom line is, it's one sweet cake. Period.

I think what rubs people the wrong way about this post is that he is claiming to not need any autotune when it sounds like the tune is pretty well soaked in pitch correction.

If in fact he does sound like that with no pitch correction, then more power to him.

We seem to be an easily offended bunch when someone shows us something that is better/different that what we make.

By the way, even if it is soaked in autotune, I think it is very tasteful use of the plugin.

amazing how people here when confronted with real craftsmanship immediately suspect fraud.

People have been overwhelmingly positive.:confused::confused:

There's no fraud here. Just lots of autotune.:D

Yes, its very impressive. However, it doesnt really serve his intentions, trying to find some work. What he is doing won't work on most albums. He needs to make a follow-up demo, sans effects.

Nice ... but clearly autotuned. Neverless, the impact is not diminished by the effect. It stands as its own thing.

You want natural harmonies tho? Osmond Bros --early years. Incredible harmonies, live!!!

Bee Gees -- Beach Boys etc ...

Um, even "N'Sync" --

All terrific live w/o the need for AT.

Nonetheless, this was a nice listen.

Kev-

I just can't stop listening to it.... it's so good.

99% of people don't even know what Auto-tune is, and would never suspect anyway.

So impressive.

Gives props to the NTK !!

Good observations... I'm no pro but it did sound like he was triggering a synth vocal sample at times, due to the "cut off" sound. In any case you're right, he is a wizard with the arranging and engineering. Let's call him a craftsman... Autotune or no, I think he deserves any work you can send his way....:)
Unless this guy has a perfect 5 octave voice, then he sampled the hell out of this. It's is very good mix job. I can hear almost all the voices, and yes, it does seem that they are cutting off.

No, he has talent as an arranger, but unless he can send you the raw tracks to prove he sang each and every line, I gotta call bullsh*t on this...

Attachments

• vocalilg.gif
    vocalilg.gif
    43.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Nice ... but clearly autotuned. Neverless, the impact is not diminished by the effect. It stands as its own thing.

You want natural harmonies tho? Osmond Bros --early years. Incredible harmonies, live!!!

Bee Gees -- Beach Boys etc ...

Um, even "N'Sync" --

Elliot Smith - I Didn't Understand

Beatles - Because

Back