Sometimes I Keep On Hoping- Guitar Composition

AaronChapman

Just a little guitar tune I recorded. Do you think there's anything I should add or change? I like the deeper undertones I achieved by just pitch shifting the extra guitar track. Some parts remind me of frogs croaking :P which is cool. My concern is whether the track gets a little monotonous? Or, if the melody is interesting enough that it's not noticeable or distracting. Thinking of trying to reduce the squeakiness and @1:40ish less crowded.

Thanks

Sometimes I Keep On Hoping by Aaron Chap | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I liked the piece and was able to listen to it all the way through. Doesn't really get monotonous to me. Im not sure if you mixed this or not but the only real issue i had with it was a bit of boominess that sounds like its from recording over the soundhole of the guitar. Also a lot of string noise which might be from boosting highs. Im not sure if you did that but its just a thought i had while listening. Overall, as for the piece, i enjoyed it a lot and found it nice to listen to.

Cool idea, just a bit muddy on the low-end. I might cut around 200hz. Some of the solo'd notes sound a bit unsure or out of place to me (like starting @ 1:20) - but those ideas can continue solidify as you continue working the track.

Muddy and echo-ey on the guitar. You can hear a lot of hi-frequencies in the microphone (that buzz in the background), I'd maybe add a hi-pass filter to clean some of that up. You have a delay on there it sounds like? I'd remove that.

Has too much of a choppy tempo to me. Not as tight as it should be. The left side is louder than the right for some reason. The sort of "lead" section seems hesitant and distracting. The effects don't bother me as much as the boomy low end and the buzz. As for it being monotonous.......well that is likely a personal preference for all.......but for me it could have used some more content. As always......my thoughts are just that........opinions and that's all. Thanks for the listen.

Back