Something to relax with... (new/old song)

Really nice, piano freestyling though, right? I used to do a lot of that when I first started recording at home.

The piano sounds great, what is it?

The sound at around 1:30 , not sure what is it (Chinese Mandolin?)...doesn't seem right to me for some reason, maybe too up front?. Is that a guitar bend making that whale sound?

Good stuff though, I liked it a lot.

Well that's a bit of freestyling yes :D... but i was just in that mood and it serves the song well in that point (maybe :D)...

The sound is a CHinese something yes and i purposedly put it in front as i had a whole layer of strings in the back to support it and it seemed a nice change...

And the whale sound is actually an alarm taken from Star Wars and it actually sounds like a whale, and that's why i used it ... :D

Thanx for checking it out...

Soprano...

Quite a bit of hiss in your tracks, as well as some high, high pitched frequency just peeking in there (around 16000 Hz)...

Good piano... very "mid-heavy" sound... the Ohhhhhhhhhh chorus reminds me of the movie "Eyes Wide Shut"... very skillfull rolls there. flat-9 would appreciate this.

Ah... there comes a nice, low synth... sam/sluice/mixmkr territory... japanese flavor.

Are you using the "direct outs" to record this? How are you mixing this down? Unless the synth is very old (obviously it doesn't sound it)... you shouldn't get THAT much hiss... unless you're mixing down to an inferior mixdown deck/using bad cables/bad soundcard, or something.

Really professional arrangement, and great composition. Stick around... hopefully some of the brighter minds can help you improve your recording technique.

Chad

Thanx a lot for your advice and time :D

In fact my mixer AND soundcard back then where not exaclty high quality ( not to mention my recording skills :D), and it's a long hiss from start to finish...

But i am happy that you like the composition and that maybe i gave you some emotins with that piece...

Thanx again !

Back