Someone Else's Mind....

Love the tune. Hard stuff for Ramitunes. Would love to hear the bass slide on each of the held Bs. In the verse where it goes F#-E-B ( and the B holds, but has a short sustain: would like a glissando here down toward open E). The end of the song from the guitar solo really kicks!
AFA the mix. WOW. Don't change a thing. Well done. You mention SSS problems, but I'm not hearing sibilance as much as maybe just a bit too much air. ~8-10k. It hits on a few of the others, too like the "tree" at 1:11-12...1:55, but not the one at the end.
Anyway, awesome job.

Love the tune. Hard stuff for Ramitunes. Would love to hear the bass slide on each of the held Bs. In the verse where it goes F#-E-B ( and the B holds, but has a short sustain: would like a glissando here down toward open E). The end of the song from the guitar solo really kicks!
AFA the mix. WOW. Don't change a thing. Well done. You mention SSS problems, but I'm not hearing sibilance as much as maybe just a bit too much air. ~8-10k. It hits on a few of the others, too like the "tree" at 1:11-12...1:55, but not the one at the end.
Anyway, awesome job.

Awesome man, some good ideas there. I see what you're saying about a bass slide on the B. Where were you when I needed you? Too late now. :D

Yeah, it might not be sibilance, but there's something on my "sss"s that bothers me, still can't put my finger on it. I never use a de-esser because I've never been able to get one to not sound like I have a hair-lip. :eek:. Not blaming de-essers, it's obviously my fault. But now that you mention that it might be up in the higher frequencies, I'll try finding a frequency to low pass at maybe.

Thanx a lot, Broke. :cool:

No esses, vocals are good level, so too is snare (having read a few comments and knowing you've remixed) love that bass tone.
Another great tune - the real standout on this one is the variety of guitar parts and bass runs that jump in and out of the song - very syncopated timing. Sort of a call and response but more intricate due to the number of parts. Hope you know what I mean there... Anyway I think you hit a home run once again.

No esses, vocals are good level, so too is snare (having read a few comments and knowing you've remixed) love that bass tone.
Another great tune - the real standout on this one is the variety of guitar parts and bass runs that jump in and out of the song - very syncopated timing. Sort of a call and response but more intricate due to the number of parts. Hope you know what I mean there... Anyway I think you hit a home run once again.

Hey, thanx a lot Ido. I'm glad the little tweaks I did worked, hopefully. :)

If it wasn't for other people's ears and suggestions, I would have never made those little changes, and it's the little changes that make the difference between pretty good and very good. That's why I love posting here.

Thanx man. :cool:

Hey Rami. Had a listen to this earlier on my studio headphones and thought it sounded great - I couldn't hear any problems, I think you've already ironed out most issues.

I have a pair of earbud headphones that really emphasise sibilance (Sennheiser CX-300s, I think), so I had another listen for your Sss'ss on them - couldn't hear any sibilance issues myself.

Nice work, really liked this one. I liked how the abrupt end makes you think it might just be another silence before another bit and you're kind of waiting for it.

OK, I just did a quick re-mix, bit the bullet, and turned up my vocals a touch. Brought the snare down a teenage c**t hair, too. I feel dirty. :eek: :D

Awesome, awesome. That made all the difference in the world.

Hey Rami. Had a listen to this earlier on my studio headphones and thought it sounded great - I couldn't hear any problems, I think you've already ironed out most issues.

I have a pair of earbud headphones that really emphasise sibilance (Sennheiser CX-300s, I think), so I had another listen for your Sss'ss on them - couldn't hear any sibilance issues myself.

Nice work, really liked this one. I liked how the abrupt end makes you think it might just be another silence before another bit and you're kind of waiting for it.
Thanx a lot Jonny. OK, so I'm glad the "SSS" problem is just a figment of my paranoia. :) I've always like abrupt endings, or false endings, etc....I don't always get a chance to put in my tunes. I figured this tune was perfect for it because of all the other stops in the tune. Thanx buddy.

Awesome, awesome. That made all the difference in the world.
Great. Much appreciated!!!:cool:

This one sounds good to me. Mix sounds balanced, excellent quality of sounds. Nice syncopated break in the middle. I can't find any fault here, solid mix man.

This one sounds good to me. Mix sounds balanced, excellent quality of sounds. Nice syncopated break in the middle. I can't find any fault here, solid mix man.

Thanx a lot, Tadpui. I actually thought of you as I was mixing. More than once, I reminded myself that you often tell me it could use more bass and/or kik. I kept that in mind. Thanx. :)

Thanx a lot, Tadpui. I actually thought of you as I was mixing. More than once, I reminded myself that you often tell me it could use more bass and/or kik. I kept that in mind. Thanx. :)

LOL, that was the first thing that I listened for :) And I immediately thought "hey alright, more kick and snare!" :D

Good Tune Rami. I enjoyed listening to this. I still need to hear on my system at home to give a proper listen. A little dessing is always good to do.....not that I could hear it on these speakers....Later

At work listening on headphones and everything sounded pretty awesome. The vocal seems really clear over the music which sounds great (I have no idea how to do that yet). Nice work man

Good Tune Rami. I enjoyed listening to this. I still need to hear on my system at home to give a proper listen. A little dessing is always good to do.....not that I could hear it on these speakers....Later

At work listening on headphones and everything sounded pretty awesome. The vocal seems really clear over the music which sounds great (I have no idea how to do that yet). Nice work man

Thanx so much, guys. :cool:

Dude I heard this on my monitors just now. What a freaking great mix. Everything is clear crisp and in their pocket. Nice Job

Back