Some random jazz fusion

Chibi Nappa

One of my buddies invited me over for some jazz fusion last night. They played, I recorded. I kept the set up as simple as possible so they could get right to the playing. Anyway, it was improvisation for 2 hours with only one or two breaks in the music. Here's a snippet or two.

nice rendering... it suffers from what i consider to be the real problem in music today...

Just Beacause We Can Record Everything.... Doesnt Mean Everything Is Worthy Of Being Recorded...:eek:

I really enjoyed the second clip. IMO if you can play jazz you can play any style. Jazz is so complex and technical it amazes me. I love it. Have some points.

The drums sound great. The second jam is much more interesting than the first. Nice solid recording. I have to admit that I listened to the first one about 2 hours ago and didn't reply or give it much time, then I came back and read dodgeaspen's reply and gave the second one a go. What a cool song. This sounds a little like soulive without the keys. Great job!

This sounds a little like soulive without the keys. Great job!

There was actually supposed to be a keyboard player but he couldn't make it. Anyway, sounds like we're going to give it a proper go very soon. Once they get organized and map out some songs we'll try this for real.

Back