Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Some OVERground shi*...

RAMI Guest

Some OVERground shi*...

Sign in to disable this ad
    I try to take my time writing and recording, but I just can't stop. So here's another one I wrote this week and recorded yesterday and today. As I always say, it's not finished until I get feedback here, so I might as well get that as soon as possible...

Mundane Monday
    Click " PLAY HI-FI"...NOT the green arrow up top.
    Last edited by RAMI; 10-14-2005 at 19:22.

Thanks

Thumbs up

What can I say. That's pretty slick sir. All the way around.

Thanks
    Nice!!!!! Funky stuff!

Is it me, or when you are moving along quickly wit recording, do your vocals get a little "dipthongy"? I know it's very exciting when the songs come so fast, but these last couple you've done have sounded like you're rushing the recording/mixing/mastering process just a little bit. Like a detail job on a Ferrari, and "oop, you missed a spot on the mirror there..." Just an observation... I get that way myself, ya know? (Of course, it's been a REAL long time since my writing output was as prolific as yours...)
    Phil My website
    (Win7/Core i7-3770k/32GB/MOTU 8pre/StudioOne 2.6/Melodyne Editor/EastWest)

RAMI Guest
    Thanx...It's possible...but even though I've been recording stuff at a pretty good pace lately, if there's one thing I make sure to pay a lot of attention to, it's my vocals, since I know it's my weakest point and doesn't come as natural to me....but you might be right.If anything, I'm not crazy about all the lyrics in this. There are some lines I will rpobably re-write and re-record.

RAMI Guest
    Now that I think of it...Are you sure you heard the right tune, Phil? Because you said it was funky, but it's not really a funky song. Make sure you clicked on the "Play hi'fi"...not the Green Arrow, which plays all my tunes.

Thanks
    Rami, nice tunes dude. Guess it's what I'd expect from you, another cool tune, bur Damn, man....you crank em out so damn quickly. What can I say?? Straight up RnR....Very cool and catchy. No real critique as usual, as the tune is cool. Really enjoyed the listen, and will PROBABLY listen to it several times this weekend... I really liked the way the way the vocals flowed on this one. Didn't seem to have to delve really deeeply to feel I understood the tune. It just really fit life. Not depressing, or down, but kinda the waiting for the weekend type of tune. Makes you appreciate having a good time, doing nothing but hanging....
    Honey Badger is badass...he don't give a shit.

Thanks
    Are you compressing the stereo mix?

RAMI Guest
    A little bit of L1 on the mixdown, but it doesn't compress more than about 3 or 4db...too much??? Or not enough?

Thanks
    Not quite sure. It could be the unknown headphones I had to dig up to listen here at work, but *something* was making my ears twitch. Listening fatigue. 3-4 dB on the L1 probably wouldn't have done that all by itself. I'll listen again through the monitors at home and see if I can narrow it down.

Did you submix the drums through a compressor or anything like that?

It might just be that the kick is pretty dominant. Nice and boomy, sounds good... but half way through the song its a little too much. That could easily be exagerated by the cans I'm using.

What are you recroding on/with/through, by the way? Sounds good. And *great* tune.

-Chris

Thanks
    Hmmm... it *could* be consitent limiting on the drums- which are the loudest clearest elements of this mix. Good impact at first but wears off after a while.

Ack, enough. I've got to get home and stop trying to listen to this with headphones.

Chris

Thread Information