Some feedback please

Dave52

No, I don't mean turn everything up and stand in front of the amp...

New track uploaded, it's called The Fallen and expands on the concept of an ancient alien race pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Take a listen, see what you think.

The Fallen

If you're interested, I have a whole bunch of other stuff here:
My Music

I have never been one to really like a plugged in acoustic guitar tone. I really like the guitar arrangement but would much rather prefer to hear it miked acoustically. Cool song I like when everything jumps in and the miked acoustic would have more pop there. Stick out a little more, the direct sound is dull to me. Cool stuff.:)Erockrazor

Excellent tune Dave - I love the way the acoustic verses move to the rockier chorus'. And the prog rock styling is very tasty.

Cool vocal effects @ 2:15 and guitar effect at 3:40

Only one thing that came up while listening to this fabulaous piece. Got a bit of what sounds like noise - maybe amp hum? - it's at the beginning and the end - say 4:05 - end. Is that a keyboard patch??? It does fill in the background but sounds like noise. I'm on headphones so it may be more prevalent on them.

What are you compressing with - it sounds great!

:D:):D:)

Just my 2 cents worth - I think the kick could benefit from more presence - perhaps a boost around 11KHz or so should bring it out a little better... At the moment its a little difficult to hear in places and the underlying rythm seems to loose itself as a result.

Ben

Excellent tune Dave

Wow, thanks for the kind comments...

Got a bit of what sounds like noise - maybe amp hum? - it's at the beginning and the end - say 4:05 - end. Is that a keyboard patch???

That's one of two things... There is a Cello keyboard patch behind the accousting guitar parts, and I keep it going throughout the fade off at the end of the song. Failing that, it could be the electric guitars, I tend to let them fade off on their own without fading them out, I really like the feel of it, but I do sometimes get a bit of a hiss...

Just my 2 cents worth - I think the kick could benefit from more presence

Point taken and noted. I think the drums are the hardest to record, I'm learning all the time.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen. As I said there's a whole bunch of my stuff on the Music Link on my home page.

I like it

As i'm a sucker for the romantic idea of the "Human" fighting back

problem is it's harder to determine what a human is?

i like the argument of the prole waking up.

we will see.
but then again that is just my interpretation as you didn't specifically mention any humans.

the mix is good as you noted the drums are always the hardest..

i like particularly the kik beaks. the hum noise i'm adaptive to as i like noise generally.

i like your idea's

i just checked out your web area..

all looks good i'd just try to simplyfy it a little, maybe have a link to everything at the front.

nice work.

the Prole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proles

there you go Bendbones

the heavily controlled Wikipedia (for proles) explains although it does go easy on the term it's generally a term some "illuminated" give to indivduals they barely see as "human." what ever we decide that is.

such as that they can't achieve basic individual free thought.

there are generally two schools of thought on them, those that don't believe they deserve anything more than they have, and those that believe the problem is of an educational nature.

the waking of the "prole" (i proved it, i worked on one for a long time and achieved an aware state.) it can be achieved but it's a long hard struggle and the odds are stacked against.

if you are a prole you won't understand this conversation. it's not a negative connotation just a term.

anyone can be a Prole or a human... i think?

btw i have seen demonstrated to myself that individuals of supposed very high IQ are infact proles.

so it's not an intelect judgment either.

Back