SOME BOMB-ASS TRACKS FOR YOUR *SS (n' sh*t)!!!

R

RAMI

..hehe...sorry, I'm running out of thread titles...

I re-worked this tune a few times and don't know if I can go anywhere else with it, so I guess I'll put it up for mutilation...Let me know how it sounds. Drums or vocals too loud? Anything else? thanx

Hole in the Sky

Rami,

I dig the tune, something seems out in the mix, I can't put my finger on it...a bit muddy maybe...I don't know. I think there is some reverb on the snare and maybe the over heads. Some EQ tweaks on the guitar maybe?

What are you recording into? Software?

Thanx 6ways. I'm using a TASCAM 2488 to redord my tracks and then importing the stereo file and mastering in Wavelabs.

You might be right about the drums maybe being a bit muddy sounding. I'm not sure if you mean muddy in the lo-end or if you meant kind of "washy". Washy could be the result of using a room reverb on the snare and a plate on the overheads. I thought it would put the drums in the same "room" as the vocals (which have plate on them). But it might have a negative effect.
As far as guitars go, it's hit and miss (mostly miss) for me. I'm not really a guitar player and don't really know about getting a good sound. I go by what I hear, but I might not have the best "guitar ears". I appreciate your comments. I'll re-mix and address some of those issues.

Rami,

Listening now thru my studio speakers...cancel my last post.

Vox are a bit loud...other than that...this is pretty good...I've learned not to critique via my shitty pc speakers.

I dig it.

WOw!!!!!@#$@#$# ThaT'S The BOMb Rami!!!!!! :D :D :D

Ok, now that I got to say Bomb..........

Cool song man. Drums don't sound right to me. I hear all the hits, but they don't seem to have the same energy that some of your other drums have had. Not your playing energy, but just the mix. They seem to sit back a bit or something. The sounds themselves are ok, just not sitting right. Did you compress them heavily? It might be the reverb taking some snap from them, but I'm not sure. It's not horrible, mind you. Just sounds a bit different.

Voice, cool as usual. I like the double track. The low voice sitting behind fills that out nicely. Cool bass tone again. Guitar and bass seem to have great space. They both sit well.

Cool tune man...and my nit is just that...a nit. I am trying to be critical, and compare it to some of your other stuff, and the drums are the only thing that I have heard you mix better.
Ed

That's some underground sh*t right there, man.

Rami, I think the drums sound really good - i'd bring up the OH mics a little bit. The reverb sounds ok, but some of the stops sound excessively edited. There just seems to be a lack of room sound in the drums, and it's very noticeable when all the instruments drop out and there is silence. Maybe a little hh timekeeping during the stops would help it sound less edited. You're a lefty, aren't you? I mean hh timekeeping with the foot.

Your guitar playing is getting better and better. I'd use just a little bit less distortion than you think you need. Your vox are appropriate and well delivered.

Yeah, boost the cymbals a little bit for the win. Nice one.

I gotta go drop a link. C-Ya!

Bro I didn't know you were droppin' today! This is so unmainstream undergound shi*, lets not tell those high rep as*holes about this one ;)

just typing as I'm listening...
Cool song man, like the grooves and melodies here.
If it makes sense, the drums don't sound too loud, but a little brighter and in your face than the rest of the mix. Therefore IMO the song sounds like it could be meshed a little better. The bass tone sounds slighty muddy on my system too.
Cool guitar solo and groove behind it. That edit point after solo sounds too abrupt, maybe fade the rhythm guitar there rather than cut it.
Awesome song man, enjoyed this! Just trying to be real critcial... sounds to me like the song is there, but just needs a few mixing tweaks. AND A-fuc*in-justable hammerhead has never sounded better! Just kidding ;) Cheers

Thanx guys...good points all around.
Supercreep, the stops are my fault. I added silence to the holes because I wanted it to not have toms ringing, etc...But, unfortunately, it doesn't sound natural. I wonder if there's a way to fix that without re-tracking. Maybe boosting the reverb on the last drum hit before the stops. If not I might just punch in a foot hi-hat or sticks hitting together or something. Thanx for pointing that out, it's my fault now I got to fix it.

Dog(s) thanx for the comments dudes. I know there's something wrong with this mix and, like everyone else, I just can't put my finger on it. We'll find it...Or just scrap the tune, it's not as if I'm married to it...:)

RAMI said:
Thanx guys...good points all around.
Supercreep, the stops are my fault. I added silence to the holes because I wanted it to not have toms ringing, etc...But, unfortunately, it doesn't sound natural. I wonder if there's a way to fix that without re-tracking. Maybe boosting the reverb on the last drum hit before the stops. If not I might just punch in a foot hi-hat or sticks hitting together or something. Thanx for pointing that out, it's my fault now I got to fix it.

Dog(s) thanx for the comments dudes. I know there's something wrong with this mix and, like everyone else, I just can't put my finger on it. We'll find it...Or just scrap the tune, it's not as if I'm married to it...:)
Get a good drum sound first. I think it's a small problem with them. They just aren't sitting like they normally do. Get them loud, and punchy, then tone them down to fit the mix. They might just be too soft. :confused:

Have you tried running the entire mix through a Multiband? Just to see what happens?

Dogman said:
Have you tried running the entire mix through a Multiband? Just to see what happens?

I don't know how to work one......and I'm stoned. :eek:

RAMI said:
I don't know how to work one......and I'm stoned. :eek:
Well, I'm drunk, and played with it briefly. A simple preset on a multiband, and a touch of room verb added to the mix.
Rami, Hole In The Sky

Might have ruined it, but after 6 beers, and my second margerita, I like it......... :D

Ok, hang on...One more joint and 3 beers and I should be about where you are...I'll be back.

Just kidding, I'll listen now and post after.

RAMI said:

Don't scrap it man. It's a good track. Just listen to Dogman, cause he's Dogman.

Also the thread title was offensive because you didn't have "*" in "ass"

I'm way behind both of you... but I'm on my way :D

Cool tune man, fat playing.
I like the vox harmonies, I think the drums sound really cool.

I wish you had some more E Focking #¤%" miner Bangbus Chords in the man :D . :p

Great playing you really are a one man band.

The tune it self sounded fresh and I really like the way it starts off by letting in more and more sounds (instruments).

I cant find anything wrong to say about the recording sounds great to me.

so again top notch :)

Very cool, Dog. Not a huge difference, but a smoother sound. I was able to turn it up louder than the original before it got too "loud". But the main thing is how you fixed the holes with the verb. That's exactly what I needed. You mind if I use this version on my page...I'll credit you.

You da man!!!

Nakatira said:
I wish you had some more E Focking #¤%" miner Bangbus Chords in the man :D . :p

You realize how undergro*und and hard that chord is to learn without the D-TRAIN ! :eek: :eek: It's 1000X worse than E-focking-miner!

Okay, I'll stop posting garbage in rami's thr*ead now :D (maybe)

Hey, if I didn't want garbage in my thread, I wouldn't have posted any music...

Now you listen to me...I want garbage in my thread and I want it now! My mixing sucks, I need a wheel alignment on my car...and you're not in the mood for garbage in my thread??? Well you GET IN THE MOOD!!!!

RAMI said:
Very cool, Dog. Not a huge difference, but a smoother sound. I was able to turn it up louder than the original before it got too "loud". But the main thing is how you fixed the holes with the verb. That's exactly what I needed. You mind if I use this version on my page...I'll credit you.

You da man!!!
Dude, no problem. I can tell you what I did, if you want to play with it at all. It was simple. As I stated, there is really nothing wrong with the tune, just wasn't sticking together like some of your previous stuff. Still better than a lot of stuff I hear. I don't mind the stops myself, but remember...I'm easy......... :D

And Rami....YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!! :cool:

Back