some acid

I really like the direction you've been moving. You're last few tunes have blown me away - this included. I don't have a single suggestion for mix comments. This is done.

nothin' to say but .....................

damn............

I am gonna get stoked tonight and loop this one man....
over and over and over......:D

Joe

appreciate the ears guys..

I just learned the sample and jammed along to it.. I would like to hear what other people are doing with that same sample.. It's just the voice so it's opened to a lot of interpretations I guess..

Analytical Man said:
Where did you get those samples for the voice?

www.prosamples.com

skids said:
What's this rehearsal space like? Is it specifically set up for recording?

nah, it's set up for jamming.. it's a dump, but you can be as loud as you want.. I'll bring my stand alone recorder, a compressor and a mic and just mix it at home.. I might even use his drum set to try and record some real drums.. should be cool..

thanks again guys! :D

Holy hell..

This is fantastic!

Love the eerie voices and great guitar tones..

In my wacked personal metal perspective, I could see this as a great intro to, or a hidden bonus track at the end of, a heavy and fast slamming metal album..

Most excellent, Sabb!

Cy

Sorry I'm just getting to this now, sam... and I'm busting a confessional right here in your thread :o (crashed tonite for about 4 hrs... just woke up :eek: :( )

Very typically cool... the voice is very real sounding... technology nowadays... amazing that you could fit something like that right into one of your tunes!

This shows how cool your stuff would sound with some female vocs, too :D

No idea on the recording/mix from here, but it sounds good on what speakers I got... another success, eh? It's all too easy--this stuff must thru your bloodstream. (or there's something else in that bloodstream :cool: )/

C

i really liked that. this is just my own personal preference but that 80s syle distorted guitar should be left out. everything else was super cool though.

47ronin

Sam, I am having Winamp issues, but I wanted you to know that I did try to check this out tonight, and I will get back to it when I figure out whats up with my PC.

Joe

First of all, I apologise for taking so long to reply to this thread.

I see you've started using tracked drums more. Fruity Loops perhaps? That weird 'bojojong snare' is a nice touch. At 2:05 there's some very interesting stuff happening. So unexpected mood, even from you. Especially the piano doodlings. It fits so well, yet I didn't expect a piano. I don't want to dissect every little bit and piece here. This just sounds very good and complete. Oh, and I like the vocal stuff there at the beginning.

...so, after second listen this piece still sounds haunting. The beginning could fit very well in some sort of sci-fi movie (or a Lynch movie). I like the second half a bit better but the first part is good too.

(Forgive my stupidity if I'm repeating something here or making silly comments. I didn't read the other comments yet. )

Excellent Sam:cool:

The vocal reminds me very much of a classical piece:

Bachianas Brasilieras #5 by Villa-Lobos, for voice and eight cellos.
The vocal part is word-less, she just sings "Ahh". Go to the library and see if they have it, you will see what I mean. Also, it might give you some inspiration for future stuff like this.

This is one of the best things I have heard from you.:cool:

That was a cool ride Sam!

I like the way you used the samples,really well done.
I dug the house feel of the drums,good fit.

Wild stuff man,
Pete

cool track for a movie...

i would second nixing the 80s guitar but that's just a personal bias...

good work

Back