Solo Collaboration...take Two!

Drummerbones

Solo searching...once again.

http://www.backroadbandit.com/solo1

The first track is the solo section I am needing lead guitar for. This is a 12 bar solo but I only want lead guitar for the first 8 bars. After that I anticipate either fiddle or steel guitar finishing off the solo (time 0:04-0:24 is where I want guitar).

The second is Big and Rich's "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy". The guitar solo comes in around 1:53 and is short, but this is the style of what I want and a perfect example of what I feel will best serve my song. When you listen to the two you'll see (hear) where I'm going (hopefully!).

The first time around (thread from about a week ago) I received some very talented submissions, though I didn't find the take for my album. As I stated in the first go-round, I am offering to pay the "winning guitarist". There has been some debate as to what a fair price is for a 20 second solo. In my neck of the woods, $20 to $25 dollars is the norm for an entire track, though others say $45. For the record, I am willing to pay $20 to $25. If this rate is too low for some of you, so be it, don't play! :D My Ebay ID is Drummerbones as well and I've got 100% positive feedback.

Thanks again to the first round submissions. Hopefully we can have a little bit more fun with this one.

Here is the problem as I see it. The solo example that you give is far to short to gain any sense of what you really want. It's sort of like asking a contractor to build a blue house that fits on a half acre lot.

That's an excellent argument. Perhaps I should find a true 8 bar solo that would give you a better example...I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the input. I'll do whatever I can on this end to relay what I want on that end.

Back