Soft rock song-I've had enough, basically decaffinated

Myx62

This is a soft rock song I did for my wayward wife. No distorted guitars, Acoustic rhythm, and as dry as I felt comfortable with vocals. Mostly chorus/doubling and just a touch or verb.OK..... So I need to know if this vocal mix sounds good, cause Im going to use this as a reference to redo others hopefully. This song was never really intended for the general public, but it has emotion in it, so what the hell...
Thanx guys. http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1929&alid=-1
Myx
PS No compression either....

This sounds pretty good to me. The guitar effect is a little too airy for me, nice playing though. The acoustic sounds nice. I'd like more bass for sure. The drums sound good, nice pop on the snare. A little fakey at the first change around 1:06 I think, but not bothersome. I'd like to hear those vocals clearer, something seemed to mask them a bit, I don't know what. Pretty abrupt ending? These are all just nitpicky things, it's a very nice job overall! :cool:

I'd like a little more air on top in general, especially on the acoustic. Mix levels seem OK but there are some intonation problems with the vocal. There's some kind of phasey thing going on too. It might be an artifact from the MP3 encoding. Not busting you chops my friend, just my humble opinion. Good song by the way.

first off, good tune.. I like it...

take my comments with a grain of salt because I have massive problems of my own..

I don't like the effect on the voice, or maybe it's an e.q. thing.. I think they could use some more treble or something.. not sure but they sound muffled.. your voice is decent though.. I like the vibe of this tune.. I think my main beef is with the vocal sound, not performance.. the off drum beat thing in the beginning was a little strange, but thats just a preference thing.. good tune overall..

cool....it sounds like you are really TRYING to sing in this one...it makes a huge difference ...sounds waaay better.
i agree there is something goin on in either the "doubling"...or effect odf the vocals...sorta phasing or something...an really its only noticable in a few spots.....really cool git playing on this again.....mix seems pretty good...maybe bring the vox up a touch since its more of a vocal song then a shredder...do have these kinda off time drums preprogrammed or do you have to start out from scratch each time..?....holy crap that must take forever...

i really like the chord structure in this ....can you tell me the pregression ...???:D ...as i could really use some more in the guitar dept.

thanks
jamal

Thanks guys for the input. Im still workin on my vocals and that includes figuring out the best effects to use. I have so many different combinations to try with my digitech running thru the effects loop of my Mackie mixer that also has effects. Then theres the plugins.... Too much shit to figure out...
Anyone have suggestions on what to use for cleaner vocals? Ive already redone the song and brought out the bass more, brought up the mids and highs on the acoustic and put a little more verb on it.
Yes Barometer I did a quick trim job-lol
TrackRat, You are right , the acoustic needed some more EQ and verb. Just a touch. I should of changed strings before I did the song and not after-lol
BSABBATH. My vocals are always going to suck, but I keep on trying. If I had a good voice, I wouldnt have to mess with the effects so much, huh.....
Jamal, I am trying.....I start out from scratch on the drums. I might copy a fill from an preset though. Its an extream pain in the ass. Im looking forward to getting a good drummer and the sooner the better. The gtr progression was spontanious as most of my gtr work. Id have to go back and figure it out myself-lol Its one of those wrist killers. Theres a lot of alternating within the chords. Its also in Drop D...
Thanx guys,
Myx

i can't help with the mix, but i do hear all the thing's mentioned in the above comment's. but it's still good man!! looking forward to more.

thank's man

peace

rick

Back