sober this time

Ya, I'd like to hear this in at least 128k. From what I've heard from you, you usually get really nice sound. This sounds terrific, but let's hear more frequencies.

:)

Sounds really nice Dan,that mando is sweet!
Any lyrics or melody for it,or is it going to be an instrumental?

This is going to be one fine tune,even without words it has a great feel to it.

Looking foward to more,
Pete

sounds great dan, gotta love the mandolin it sounds so sweet. what kinda mich are you using to mich it. im gonna buy a mandolin tommorow dang that sounds nice. nice job would love to hear some lyrics with it. god bless tim pate

too many ??????????????, wait, I don't freaking know. I was still getting these damn pops and shit in my files. I've cleaned the freaking burners, and fucked around for a while, was getting SOOOOOOOO damn freaked out about this shit. Anyway, I just don't know. I'm gonna try and put the settings on 128 again. That's where my shit's been forever, and I thought maybe that was causing the pops and shit. You guys tell me.

Anyway, Bob the Builder, who does a little keyboard came by tonite, and we worked on this little tune some more. We keep clipping bad cause we got into it a little too hard. But had a great time. This is gonna be a good tune IMO.

So to all of you folks, sorry about the sound. I'll get it sorted out sooner or later. I'm so stupid. Hold me!

dtb

Nice man.....

guit sounds clear and bright...

Mando seems a bit too up front and loud....
almost like it was too close to the mic....ya know?

Hey Dan....
if you want a cool MP3 encoding software...
try DB PowerAmp...
I swear by it....
easy to use too...

Take it easy man,
Joe

Another cool one.:cool:

Not as laid back as the other one.;)

My Pioneer CD-ROM had that same problem. It would glitch when ripping long discs when it got to the last couple of tracks. Never did figure out why, but the Plextor I replaced it with has been flawless so far, and quieter too. The Pioneer sounded like a small jet warming up!:eek:

:D Dan;

I knew ya could do it! Man, this sounds awesome Bro! Both the Geetar and the Mandolin pickin is excellent. The sound is fantstic.

Great mix Dan...

CR ><>

Sober?!?!??!

What the hell's that all about?

Oh yeah......nice tunage man. I love your acoustic sounds and the mando is always cool. Is that an F-5 type mando?

Pete, thanks, and don't know yet. We're working on a keyboard part. And then maybe some bass.

flash., You serious. Get a decent mando if you do. I use my v67 to record all my acoustics.

joro, thanks, and I'll check out the link.

M., hi again, and thanks.

Axe., thanks, yeah it works, just not as fun. he he he he he

pf., thanks dude. I'm glad it was just an experiment. he he he

Lt., not sure, except I did record this in the early a.m.. But I did burn it down later that nite. he he he And yes, it's a Michael Kelly Dragonfly Custom. www.michaelkellyguitars.com

thanks folks,

dtb

dtb said:
Anyway, Bob the Builder, who does a little keyboard came by tonite, and we worked on this little tune some more. We keep clipping bad cause we got into it a little too hard.

There is nothing wrong with getting into it a little hard, but if you're going to do that you may want to consider tracking with a compressor. Just a thought that you may have already considered.

Good music from you as always.

Very pretty piece. I am fascinated how yall get your fingers in between them itty bitty frets on a mando. :)
Sounded like you mic`d the guitar a bit differently than from the last two pieces. Like its getting more lowend resonance off the top soundboard before all the strings output blend together. You get closer or something? Could be the encoding, or me. hehe

thanks Toki, it could be encoding, I've had a few prob., but I'm close to sorting it out. I used the same mic for this one.

Lt., here's a pic of my mando. Mine is solid black.

fc94fbe7.jpg

Sweet................I have a friend down here who makes Mandos....F5 types. his name is Luke Thomas. I think he's kinda known for that.

I've heard speak of him, Lt. And I understand they be's some very nice mandos. I like mandos. Wish I could aford to have a few different ones. I'd like a mandola. They have this cool low end sound that's great. What does Mr. Thomas get for say a decent model of his?

yayayayay

just checking, when I got here this morning, every time I tried to respond in the clinic, it asked me to log in. WTF. Seems ok now.

I'll check into the prices. i see him every couple of weeks. Also, I got his name wrong. it's Luke Thompson

correctymondo, I talked with my bud David, and he said "Thompson" also. He's seen some of his mandos at the Galax fest. Says there're high end stuff. Very nice. David has a Ratliff (sp) mando he got a couple years ago, paid 2500.00 + 2 older guitars. That's a nice mando also.

Back