Slow funk rock w/ female vocals

mrhotapples

I'm pretty sure the drums are too 'verby in comparison to the main vocal, so I'll figure out which way to go with that when I've gotten some sleep. The kick might have too much high end too...This is my bassist's other band, they're pretty good, their drummer especially.

Pleeease, opinions and food for thought. I will be very happy.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=13136

Yeah the drums are way too roomy. It's hard to tell but I don't think the kick has to much high end. It might seem like too much once you get rid of all that room though. The distorted guitar that comes in during the chorus could be louder. Overall a pretty good song. Get them drums in the same room as everything else and see how it sounds.

The vocals are getting buried, boost them. They dont have any space, pan things wider around her so they arent in her sonic space.

I like the song. I agree with Greg that the drums sound like they are in another dimension from the recording.

The vocals are getting buried, boost them. They dont have any space, pan things wider around her so they arent in her sonic space.

I like the song. I agree with Greg that the drums sound like they are in another dimension from the recording.

Not only is the too much "room" on the drums, the drummer seems to be in a dfferent time zone in the begining of the song.

It sounds like the vocalist got more into it by the second verse. She comes through more, and it sounds much better.

Back