Slight return..........

R

RAMI

"Slight return"..........

Hehe...I've always wanted to put that at the end of one of my songs...

So, this is a "slight return" to a tune I posted a while back. The drums on my last 3 tunes were really sucking for some reason and I finally figured out why, so hopefully this sounds a little more like it.

A mindless, gratuitous drug ditty...or something.

"So hi solo"

Last edited:
Let us know what you did - the drums sound really good here. Nice and snappy.... They are prominent but never overpower anything else. The cymbal -specifically the "bell" ride is crystal clear - very nice....

Let me know what you did to change it up. I am not a drummer but I enjoy learning about setups..... ;)

BTW - the download isn't working right for me. I get about :01 second of the tune only 55Kb. Not sure what's up there. I just went to RAMIRAMI.COM and listened on the player. I hope that's the right version....

Great Tune - you can sure write 'em man....

:) :D :) :D

Hey Ido....thanx.....the download worked for me when I checked it. Maybe it was a temporary thing???

It's not so much what I did for this drum track. It's what I didn't do for the last few that made them shit. On one, I tracked the bass drum with a low cut on it and only noticed after hours of trying to figure out where my low end was...On the others, I didn't have the head phones loud enough, so I wasn't hitting my drums. My drums need to be spanked to sound good. Sometimes a simple thing like that can make a big difference.

RAMI said:
My drums need to be spanked to sound good. Sometimes a simple thing like that can make a big difference.

Mine too, I'm learning. I love the sound you get out of your snare, man. Lots of body, no hollow echo like mine. How do you get it meaty and dark without being overbearing?

Lead vox are a little under, perhaps?

Yo Rami, nice main riff here. Catchy, drums sound great too. Nice punch and low end sounds good too. There's something about the rhythm guitar and vox that they don't seem to blend as well. Probably either the rhythm is too loud or the vox a little soft. That main riff at parts calls out for some Boston hand claps with the clicks too. Might sound cool. Solid tune, good sound :cool:

Nice tone on the guitar to start...pretty crisp. Has some great punch. Teach me those drums man.... :D I love the click you have on your kick, but it has really good depth for this type of song. Fat and sweet....

Killer bass tone....it never gets lost. Vocals cut through, but sit really well...I understand everything really well, but they mesh great. This mix has tons of depth, and punch, and is very cohesive. It fits together very well as a song. You might be able to improve on it, but it's very catchy and well done at this stage. Very complete sounding. :cool:

That sounded much better than your last tune. To me the snare could use a little more definition. I think the drums could all come up a bit in volume. Keep up the good work.

Sorry guys. Try the above link if the link in the first post doesn't work. (though it's still working for me...may be a browser thang...)

If none of that works, play the first song in the music player on this page: www.ramirami.com/freemusic.cfm

Hey Rami, link working for me....pretty catchy tune, I like the guitar hook....bass guitar parts/arrangment is cool as well..pretty cosmic flanged fade in before the guitar solo...chorus vocals sounds awesome. A minor nit for me would be drum/cymbal sound seems just a tad dull or lacking hi-end/shimmer.
Really dig the lyrics (Mr.Moojoo rising.....cool!!).
Awesome man!!

Llarion said:
Mine too, I'm learning. I love the sound you get out of your snare, man. Lots of body, no hollow echo like mine. How do you get it meaty and dark without being overbearing?
One thing I find helps my snare sound is I have a kind of "O-ring" that I made out of an old skin...I just cutit off it's hoop and cut a circle about an inch thick all around. It still lets the drum ring a bit, but dampens it just enough.

SnakeDog5050 said:
Yo Rami, nice main riff here. Catchy, drums sound great too. Nice punch and low end sounds good too. There's something about the rhythm guitar and vox that they don't seem to blend as well. Probably either the rhythm is too loud or the vox a little soft. That main riff at parts calls out for some Boston hand claps with the clicks too. Might sound cool. Solid tune, good sound :cool:
Thanx dude....The lead vox might be a little low, which is why they might not blend well.

Good to see you around, buddy. :)

Dogman said:
Nice tone on the guitar to start...pretty crisp. Has some great punch. Teach me those drums man.... :D I love the click you have on your kick, but it has really good depth for this type of song. Fat and sweet....

Killer bass tone....it never gets lost. Vocals cut through, but sit really well...I understand everything really well, but they mesh great. This mix has tons of depth, and punch, and is very cohesive. It fits together very well as a song. You might be able to improve on it, but it's very catchy and well done at this stage. Very complete sounding. :cool:
Thanx Dog....I might have to just bring the vox up a bit and I might be on my way.

ocnor said:
That sounded much better than your last tune. To me the snare could use a little more definition. I think the drums could all come up a bit in volume. Keep up the good work.
Thanx alot, bro....Yeah, my last couple of tunes, including this one, aren't as memorable as other stuff I've done. Sometimes you just have to try to keep pumping them out, even when you're creativity isn't as hot.

Putting more definition on the sanre is no problem, I'll try that when I re-mix it...thanx for the suggestion, Ocnor.

variaxman said:
Hey Rami, link working for me....pretty catchy tune, I like the guitar hook....bass guitar parts/arrangment is cool as well..pretty cosmic flanged fade in before the guitar solo...chorus vocals sounds awesome. A minor nit for me would be drum/cymbal sound seems just a tad dull or lacking hi-end/shimmer.
Really dig the lyrics (Mr.Moojoo rising.....cool!!).
Awesome man!!
Thanx alot Vari.....You and Ocnor seem to have both noticed the snare (all the drums??) can use some definition. I'll definitely work on that. Thanx alot for listening and commenting, dude.

Drums sound fine to me. They're kind of dark and dry, but it fits this song very well. My only nit is that the snare and O/H's could come up a little. The kick seems fine.

Back