"Slide" Goo Goo Dolls acoustic cover

Wow. Another good performance. You picked a good one ;) I think one thing that would improve your vocal performance is a bit of raspiness. The bass seems more a part of the Sigma's E string than a separate bass guitar. I'd also like to hear it louder.

Wow. Another good performance. You picked a good one ;) I think one thing that would improve your vocal performance is a bit of raspiness. The bass seems more a part of the Sigma's E string than a separate bass guitar. I'd also like to hear it louder.

Gotya. The last thing I did before bouncing was turn the bass up 0.5db. I agree though that id like it to be more distinct. It does seem to blend into the guitar low end. If you saw the EQ plugin on the bass you'd be shocked. It has a few deep deep low mid cuts and a big boost around 1khz. I'll mess with it at the source next time to see if I can shape its sound around the guitar more. Thanks a lot

Gotya. The last thing I did before bouncing was turn the bass up 0.5db. I agree though that id like it to be more distinct. It does seem to blend into the guitar low end. If you saw the EQ plugin on the bass you'd be shocked. It has a few deep deep low mid cuts and a big boost around 1khz. I'll mess with it at the source next time to see if I can shape its sound around the guitar more. Thanks a lot

The bass sound was surprising, I mean, considering it's a Fender P-Bass I expected it to cut right through without being muddy. What's it sound like with no EQ - just straight up?

Great cover! You had me smiling in the first 3 seconds. I Really liked the vocal arrangement. Enjoyed it. With the troubles I've been having , I'm sure not making any bass suggestions .. mark

After hearing this I started on "Iris" , so I've been listening to a lot of Goo Goo dolls covers lately. I've heard quite a few "Slide" covers and I think you've got them all beat. I think I even liked yours better than Rznk and Daryl Hall doing it. Thanks for the boost.. ms

After hearing this I started on "Iris" , so I've been listening to a lot of Goo Goo dolls covers lately. I've heard quite a few "Slide" covers and I think you've got them all beat. I think I even liked yours better than Rznk and Daryl Hall doing it. Thanks for the boost.. ms

Thanks for the kind words. How goes your mix?

The mix is coming along great , since I gave up trying to piano roll and midi control the drum track. This song has been a nightmare for me just getting it laid out. I bought the drums from "Jamtracks" and removed a ton of reverb from them. I'll probably post it in about 3 months.. mark

Back