Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slayer cover - Mix suggestions ......

Thanks

new mix . Any suggestions help . Thanks

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have done another mix of this .I am updating the mp3 Working with new guitar preamp . Running that through a cab sim and NY comp . The bass is going to be re-tracked . And with my kinda shitty monitors its hard to balance the low end . Looking for helpful feedback Thanks for checking it out . This song is something we just did for fun . I am trying to build a drum template for a number of originals .
    Reaper / Superior drums / Digitech 2112-catharsis cab irs / lexicon interface /

Check out necro "3" that is the new one
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wizardof7; 01-23-2017 at 21:37. Reason: new mix

Thanks
    Sounds pretty slayery to me. Maybe you could just brighten the guitars a tiny bit and reduce the volume/velocity of the toms, they seem to be louder than the snare. I think it's a very good cover.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FllaviX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    If you listen to the original the toms really poke through like that . I think when we put the vocals on it it will be fine . But thanks for checking it out

Thanks
    The other thing about this is that I did not put it through mastering yet which will brighten everything up .

Thanks
    Good playing.

Guitar sounded pretty good. Maybe just a little too much gain?

The bass was a little indistinct. It didn't muddy or boomy. But it was kind of low in the mix and almost sounded like a drone note.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TripleM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well because it's the only thing I have to work with . It's an acoustic bass run through all kinds of stuff . It's very hard to get a solid tone out of it It has a peizo pick up that picks up everything including the monitors . lol . It has a low mid thing that builds up aroung 120 -150hz and another at 300 hz. as much as I had to scoop out of it . Its amazing you can hear it at all
    I can bring it up a tad . But we are gonna put a real bass track on it . But thank you for your advice !!

Thanks
    The gain is kinda fixed . I would have to retrack it to bring it down . I might do that though . Thanks !!

Thanks
    Listened the second mix. Bringing back memories! They had a distinct sound, and your real close. I really dig it! Great playing!
    Sonar X, Les Paul, Marshall DSL40C, AD2, Rode NT1, Shure SM57, and Dunlop picks, and cheap egg shakers, and Nike Shoes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruthish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Really tight-amazing playing. The timing is very good. I like the drum sound very good precise clean sounds which match the music. One thing I notice is that every cymbal hit is the same cymbal? I used to get caught with my midi kit that only had 1 crash having that same cymbal, same spot every time, might be good to spread some around. Bass, you might try distorting the bass? I have a tech 21 direct bass driver box that gets great distortion, might be a good investment, you could better record a sound that has a place rather than trying to fix in the mix. Anyways really excellent playing, the band would be honored I'm sure.
    "Hey man, am I drivin ok?" "You're stopped man"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stratomaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yea we are gonna retrack the bass with a " real " bass lol . that will make a lot of difference . Hmm i need to go back through this and look at the cymbal choices . My drummer actually sat down and " clicked " this one in with a mouse . lol And maybe when we play it he may in fact use just that one crash.I guess I never noticed unless he missed it But thats a great point ! Me im just a guitard .lol not really a drummer . I'm great with editing whats there but , writing drums i'm just a novice .
    Wow thank you for the compliment . Ive been playing that stuff since it came out . lol I will post it again when we get vocals and bass in there

Thread Information