Slayer cover - Mix suggestions ......

wizardof7

new mix . Any suggestions help . Thanks

I have done another mix of this .I am updating the mp3 Working with new guitar preamp . Running that through a cab sim and NY comp . The bass is going to be re-tracked . And with my kinda shitty monitors its hard to balance the low end . Looking for helpful feedback :) Thanks for checking it out . This song is something we just did for fun . I am trying to build a drum template for a number of originals .
Reaper / Superior drums / Digitech 2112-catharsis cab irs / lexicon interface /

Check out necro "3" that is the new one :)

Attachments

• NecroNguit2.mp3
    3.5 MB · Views: 18
  • NecroNguit3.mp3
    3.5 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Sounds pretty slayery to me. Maybe you could just brighten the guitars a tiny bit and reduce the volume/velocity of the toms, they seem to be louder than the snare. I think it's a very good cover.

If you listen to the original the toms really poke through like that . I think when we put the vocals on it it will be fine . But thanks for checking it out :)

Good playing.

Guitar sounded pretty good. Maybe just a little too much gain?

The bass was a little indistinct. It didn't muddy or boomy. But it was kind of low in the mix and almost sounded like a drone note.

Well because it's the only thing I have to work with . It's an acoustic bass run through all kinds of stuff . It's very hard to get a solid tone out of it It has a peizo pick up that picks up everything including the monitors . lol . It has a low mid thing that builds up aroung 120 -150hz and another at 300 hz. as much as I had to scoop out of it . Its amazing you can hear it at all :)
I can bring it up a tad . But we are gonna put a real bass track on it . But thank you for your advice !!

Listened the second mix. Bringing back memories! They had a distinct sound, and your real close. I really dig it! Great playing!

Really tight-amazing playing. The timing is very good. I like the drum sound very good precise clean sounds which match the music. One thing I notice is that every cymbal hit is the same cymbal? I used to get caught with my midi kit that only had 1 crash having that same cymbal, same spot every time, might be good to spread some around. Bass, you might try distorting the bass? I have a tech 21 direct bass driver box that gets great distortion, might be a good investment, you could better record a sound that has a place rather than trying to fix in the mix. Anyways really excellent playing, the band would be honored I'm sure.

Yea we are gonna retrack the bass with a " real " bass lol . that will make a lot of difference . Hmm i need to go back through this and look at the cymbal choices . My drummer actually sat down and " clicked " this one in with a mouse . lol And maybe when we play it he may in fact use just that one crash.I guess I never noticed unless he missed it :) But thats a great point ! Me im just a guitard .lol not really a drummer . I'm great with editing whats there but , writing drums i'm just a novice .
Wow thank you for the compliment . Ive been playing that stuff since it came out . lol I will post it again when we get vocals and bass in there

One other thing is if you listen to the original it was recorded probably on an old 8 or 16 track tape machine on a pretty small budget . So I am trying to have some authenticity . It's actually quite hard to make it sound like a bad production . lol so to speak . That's why we loved it so much . It was so dirty and reckless . Music these days has kinda lost that .

Hell yeah! I feel like I'm back at L'Amours in Brooklyn or maybe Sundance in Bayshore! I was critiquing for about half a minute but then my head started going and never stopped. So.........bring on the vocals. Who gets to be Tom?

Hell yeah! I feel like I'm back at L'Amours in Brooklyn or maybe Sundance in Bayshore! I was critiquing for about half a minute but then my head started going and never stopped. So.........bring on the vocals. Who gets to be Tom?

Hey man thanks :) My old bass player jams with the denner /sherman group . ( merciful fate ) The just released an album " satans tomb " Crazy stuff man . In our band Corruption he was bass player singer . He does a pretty good " Tom " lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Zjz1fjCv0

Back