Slave - Grunge Song

jonlint

Hi all,

Wrote and recorded this grunge song with a heavy AIC influence yesterday. Made a remix and tweek this morning with fresh ears. Feedback most welcome:

Slave Rev1 by Jonathan Linton 4 | Free Listening on SoundCloud

SLAVE
(Words by Jonathan Linton, Music by Jonathan Linton)

Yeah
Yeah

I’m on the road
To insanity
My only friend
Turned against me
No care at all
For life expectancy
Nothing can fix
Doomed destiny

I crawl
I fall
In your arms
It’s you I crave
Like a slave
Like a slave

Trapped in a hole
Of emptiness
Grim reaper stands
In readiness
No longer highs
Its only lows
Another fix
Then comatose

I crawl
I fall
In your arms
It’s you I crave
Like a slave
Like a slave

SOLO

I am your slave…….
(I am your slave)
It’s you I crave
Closer to my grave…….
(Closer to my grave)
The path you pave
I am your slave……
(I am your slave)

Yep sounds like AIC. Is the bass a tad prominent? Or maybe just a specific frequency down there around 300 that's taking up room. Good tune though, nice job

Yeah, there's a lot of build-up in the mid lows, 300 - 400hz. Also, you could make the vocals a little more articulate by bumping up in the 2k area. Everything else sounds good and you've got the genre nailed.

Enjoyed the listen.

I liked the vocals.

I like the guitars. Maybe nudge them down just a bit to get them out of the way of the vocal.

I think the bass is a little muddy. You could clean out some low mids and I think it would help.

Drums are ok. The toms are really clicky. The cymbals have the trademark SoundCloud swirliness.

Sounds awesome. No issues jumped out at me. I'm just curious how you're getting the guitar and drum sounds? VSTs?

Sounds awesome. No issues jumped out at me. I'm just curious how you're getting the guitar and drum sounds? VSTs?

Hi Stevie,

Thanks for the complements and for giving it a listen. The guitar is a humble POD HD500 with my secret sause - Waves Vitamin. Came across this by accident. Open up preset Instruments/Guitar 1 then back off the high frequency, and thank me later :)

Back