Skynard Tune (Jamfest)

That's an Elmore James/Sonny Boy Williamson tune called "One Way Out." I've heard the Allman Brothers do it but not Skynrd. (But I ain't the biggest Skynrd fan)

AND IT ROCKS! BRAVO ENGINEERS!

Thanks for the update. My Southern Rock Band knowlege is zero. Back when those guys were releasing albums I was listening to ELP and Yes.

there is a kick butt slide lead, in the original (on the album "Eat a Peach") that is 2nd to none.

the jam sessions sounded like a really fun time by all and I'm sure everyone had a good time seeing each other. The recording quality is actually pretty good. But honestly, the music ......... :eek:

I am SO BUMMED that I missed this......... I'll try real hard to make the next one! I gotta agree with B. SABBATH, nice keys! It has that Flat-9 sound to it... my guess is that's who it is. There was some very impressive guitar work in there too.... I just love jam sessions! I'm glad you took the time to preserve some of these tunes and post em up for us slackers that didn't make it to the jamfest.

bd

This one got off to a rough start(like all jams do when people have never played together or heard the song before),but it got glued together around the 4 minute mark.The sound quality is pretty good.

Another vote for "Skynyrd never coverd this one".LOL.
The Allman Bros. covered it and like mixmkr said,the slide guitar is what really drove that song.Dwayne Allman played slide on that one before he got killed.The slide doubled the little guitar riff opening at the beginning and then ripped like crazy during the solo section on the original.The beat is a little different than this on the original also.I know Im being anal but what do you expect from someone who had the priviledge of living within miles of where most all southern rock was birthed?LOL.The topic of soutern rock is serious shit down this way,almost like a religion.LOL.

and the correct spelling is "Skynyrd".lmao!:D

Kramer said:
This one got off to a rough start(like all jams do when people have never played together or heard the song before),but it got glued together around the 4 minute mark.The sound quality is pretty good.

Another vote for "Skynyrd never coverd this one".LOL.
The Allman Bros. covered it and like mixmkr said,the slide guitar is what really drove that song.Dwayne Allman played slide on that one before he got killed.The slide doubled the little guitar riff opening at the beginning and then ripped like crazy during the solo section on the original.The beat is a little different than this on the original also.I know Im being anal but what do you expect from someone who had the priviledge of living within miles of where most all southern rock was birthed?LOL.The topic of soutern rock is serious shit down this way,almost like a religion.LOL.

and the correct spelling is "Skynyrd".lmao!:D

Ok, Skynyrd never covered it, at least not to tape or vinyl, but I spelled it correctly!..LOL:p

After searching, some of the bands that covered this are...

Allman Bros
Elmore James
Killer Dwarves
Gov't Mule
Sonny Boy Williamson
Martha Reeves
Jan Hammer
Allman Bros/Phish

:eek:

Last edited:
Back