simple acoustic song...

oldseed

hey guys..well, posted my first acoustic song.. it's a very simple song..
http://www.mp3.com/dreamseed
the name of the song is called "driftin"..

any comments would be nice.. i'm considering doing the following:
(1) re-doing the rhythm guitar to be clearer/louder, strumming with pick instead of fingers..

(2) stepping back from the microphone for vocals.. and getting lessons *grin*

please give it a look-hear :)

dude, I loved this song...pleased dont change anything about it. It has a "quality" to it, that if changed would change the song to drastic..I'm still listening to it, man this is an awesome song. You ever listen to will oldham or nick drake?

Keep up the great work.

ametth

Old Lou Reed kinda mood, IMO. This would have been a lot more challenging if I hadn't spent so much time listening to "Coney Island Baby" during those "hazy years". 'Tis the season for depressing acoustic tunes all of a sudden. Ametth may be right... what could you change without blowing the "feel".

I love bare-bones acoustic stuff like this song. Who cares if it's not perfect! That's the charm of a song like Driftin. :)

Did you write this one by the light of a lava-lamp?

hi guys..
i'm glad you guys liked the song.. *grin* i know i could spruce up the guitars and what not but i kinda like the droning quality of it..lol.. some of my friends don't though so i was wondering what others would think..

buck62: i was fiddling with chord changes up the fretboard at 2am in dim light (not quite lava hehe), found the one for the song (B,E) and had a good "melody" in mind so put the thing on record and just recorded it 1st take live with all the words spontaneously coming out..hehe.. since i've been listening to blues lately i guess the lyrics are bluesy.. i played it back, felt it was good, and i have doubts i'll be able to do another take as good until i get in the mood again *grin*

pglewis: lou reed's walk on the wild side is one of my all time favourite songs.. ;)

ametth: thanks.. never heard of will or nick; mostly my influences have been pink floyd, bob dylan, neil young, woodstock'69 stuff..

Back