Simple 2 track ballad

SLuiCe

Just sharing...comment only if you feel like it. Wrote it this afternoon. Just getting it out. Don't listen if you don't want your good mood spoiled.

For My Errors

If you commented on my "Run" mix over the weekend, I did read it and have taken a lot of the suggestions for later. I just don't have the energy at the moment to reply to the whole thing. But I'll surely be listening to your music. Just wanted to say thanks for the help on that one.

Tom

Hey Tom,

.very nice man. I love the sound of the guits in this. That little bit of proximity on them.... ...and the vocs really sweetens em up.
....stars are redundant with you man:)

...sorry i couldnt chime in on your last "run" mix... just a little big for my ole dial-up.
Mike ....ahh watdafuck, w/5:)

Nice, but sad :(

I think for the first time I heard something slightly out of tune though, I think the second line of the first verse, the singing and the guitar don't quite go. May be wrong though. Mix is fine

Tom..........

I like these quick sketches that we are so lucky to be able to do with the technology today.
If I get an idea I can usually have something to listen to in an hour with the gear today.
This song seems very fresh indeed.
Another one that hit me emotionally first.
BTW good song:)

Thanks fellas. I know this is depressing as shit. It's where my head has been for a few days now. But I think things are looking up. I think things are going to work out. I appreciate that you sat through it. Very much so.
Cheers,
Tom

Forget closing the album - I want a whole damn record of this kinda stuff!

I LOVE this. You must have a nice-sounding room to record in because you get a very nice "woody" sound that I don't think is due to reverb settings, processing, etc.

This goes with "The Passing" and "Townie" in my Sluice Favorites folder.

Chris

there are two toms. i like this one better.

i know the crunchy munchy guitars are cool and singing about hunting birds is so very unique, but this just seems much more musical to me for some reason.

i guess what i'm trying to say is, yeah that last song you posted was incredibly complex and a very impressive engineering job and i didn't respond cause i really didn't have anything to add but i really like it when you post stuff like this.

maybe i should just move to another clinic, cause i want to stop focusing on mixing and get back to discussing songwriting. i like the songwriting a lot here tom. nice.

Less than two minutes - years of emotion and feeling.
Really nice picking and sound quality.
Stark contrast to what I'm accustomed to hearing from the sluice box. Didn't spoil my mood at all - just lent some more color to it.
~Milan

Very nice.

Only one thought... It seems that when the guitar is playing the root chord of the song, it hides the vox just a bit. Maybe an additional EQ cut somewhere in the guit?

That's about it. Otherwise it sounds real good.

this song is beautiful.

it fits well with my week thus far.

as for the mix, i'd compress the vox just a tad more, but that's being picky.

I've been thinking about this recently. Life's both compassionate and very dangerous. If you don't learn from the error and keep repeating it, it'll take you down eventually to suffering beyond imagining. Life's compassionate as well because there's this guidance built into every moment you go looking for it.

I like this song better than the acoustic and voice one you put up here some months ago, the one about drinking too much in a bar. They both have some similar chord movements, but this one's superior.

Hey Tom, glad to hear you're feeling a light at the end of this patch. You know it's always great to have music as that form of release, which i would bet oftentimes actually helps to repair damage done. Really evokes, excellent writing.

Back