Silence - alternative pop rock

Really cool song. Vocals are great! Nice warm tone. The progression is simple but the vocals pull this song through and make it very catchy including the harmony that adds some spice. The layering of synths and different guitars parts are also very powerful.

I agree with the others - the snare needs more snap and punch. Same for the toms. Also the snare is very dry - needs some reverb or some more room mics in the mix. The drums are what I would work on to take the song to the next level. Everything else is there.

Hey - just wanted to swing by and comment to let you know I’ve had a listen to your track this evening and really enjoyed it. The vocals and octave harmonies are sounding really good. The chorus is very catchy. Really like the high energy of the piece. I think the drums aren’t what I would consider simple sounding though (definitely does get busy in places) but that’s subjectivity for you folks ? didn’t really detract from my enjoyment as the style fits the song. Nice work.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'm checking out the snare for the final album version, doing a little remixing as I type this. :guitar:

yeah I imagined like some verb-chorusy-tremelo's on the harmony...

I shouldn't have "standards", but since I usually write/produce in the same genre, I'll sometimes use the same setups for certain channels; and that includes a chorus plugin, delay, and extra verb on the harmony channel. I don't really want anyone to "hear" the chorus effect, really, but just hear that the harmony sounds thick/wide/ambient. Hopefully it's doing that, as I think the harmony in the prechorus is the strongest part of the song, but I'll look at it again and see if I think it's lacking in some capacity.

Thanks man

Back