shadow

I think you've struck an eclectic genre hole with this one.

Very neat sound. I'll agree about the bass it seems a bit out in spots.

I actually like the synth melody on here, it fits. I would rerecord the same synth melody with a bunch of individual violin, synth and cello, even flute tracks to get the ensemble sound.

Or hire one.
:rolleyes:

Nice song though, right up my musical alley.:)

Stratomaster said:
The bass-I would have gone for a stand up sound-playing with fingers up the neck some-that attack kinda stands out....

yeah, it would just kill to hear you hook up with an acoustic bass player dobro!

i got great vibes off this tune. I love the way you present it. You might not know anything about this guy but this tune brings up memories of a cat named Ry Cooder, but its different. Must be the presentation. I like a lot.

darwinsdoggy - name the kind of film it would be a soundtrack for. lol

Kramer - :)

joro - yeah, I think maybe that's what DavidK and Crawdad had in mind when they suggested a more developed production. Thanks for listening.

erichenryus - yeah, I tried to engage the services of an upright bass player here who volunteered once, but he'd disappeared by the time I got around to it. I move so s-l-o-w-l-y on stuff. Ask drstawl and Lt Bob.

Sluice - got it. Mike Patton's a very interesting guy.

Stratomaster - "the vocal delivery---at times it almost sounds like your joking?"

Nope. Not joking. Irony maybe.

"The bass-I would have gone for a stand up sound-playing with fingers up the neck some-that attack kinda stands out..."

Yeah, I'd've gone for one too if I'd had one. LOL

"The strings-sound pretty synthy-a couple of single violin tracks like a string quartet would have sounded cool I think..."

A string quartet? You got one handy? :D

"All this is neither here nor there-you know what your doing and what you like--"

Yes and no. I get ideas that seem worth trying out. Sometimes I think it works. Most of the time I have no idea where things are going.

"I guess I sometimes use this place as producer wanna be practice...."

Yeah, me too. I think the trick is to be able to step away from your own stuff and glimpse it the way other people do - then maybe ideas will occur. I think another way is to work with someone interesting whose musical ideas you like and trust. Like I said to DavidK above, where's my George Martin?

"Anyway I really liked the tune-I've listened about 10 times in a row..."

Glad you liked it. I'm glad of your comments too - interesting.

jake-owa: I agree. Send me money and I'll hire the outfit. :D

Toki - Ry Cooder woulda done it funky Tex-Mex. :D

Back