Sexy Sadie...Beatles cover.

There's definitely distortion on the piano but....who cares? It sounds cool. The only thing I dislike is the cover is verbatim. I prefer when someone does their own take on a song, otherwise I'd just listen to the Beatles. But that's me!

There's definitely distortion on the piano but....who cares? It sounds cool. The only thing I dislike is the cover is verbatim. I prefer when someone does their own take on a song, otherwise I'd just listen to the Beatles. But that's me!
I can see that point of view. I personally like to stay true to a cover with the exception of more "modern" sounds. For example, most songs in the 60's had the drums in mono and buried. I like taking a song like this and doing it as close to the original as I can, but making it sound sort of like "This is how it would sound if they recorded it today". But I totally get where you're coming from. I actually take what you said about it being verbatim as a compliment, whether it was meant as one or not. :)

I actually take what you said about it being verbatim as a compliment

Cool yeah you could take it as a compliment since that was your goal. My favorite bit is that you distorted the piano. There is too much sterility in modern music, so it's nice to hear things that "shouldn't sound like that!" ...well sounding like that. It gave the intro an edge and sounds good.

...the distortion is gone now. Good....it bugged me. :)

All in all...it's a very good cover. Good performances.

RAMI, the piano is distorting in the intro.

Heh. Just messin'.

Sounds really great. Wish I could have gotten in earlier to hear it before you did all your tweaks.

I'm a little puzzled by comments about you being beyond this place. I've seen that in a couple threads of yours. Sure, your recordings and mixes are top notch, there is no denying that, but the best mixers on the planet could use another set of ears to bounce things off. Always. I hear pro mixes that could have used tweaks to improve them all the time, and those guys do this day in, day out to make a living. Nobody is beyond what another set of ears hears.

My ears are pleased. New originals, please!

...the distortion is gone now. Good....it bugged me. :)

All in all...it's a very good cover. Good performances.
Thanx Stu. It's gone, really? OK good. All I did was get rid of one of the pianos I had layered. I think some people say they can still hear it. At this point, I don't care if there's some distortion on the piano or not. The sound is the sound.

RAMI, the piano is distorting in the intro.

Heh. Just messin'.

Sounds really great. Wish I could have gotten in earlier to hear it before you did all your tweaks.

I'm a little puzzled by comments about you being beyond this place. I've seen that in a couple threads of yours. Sure, your recordings and mixes are top notch, there is no denying that, but the best mixers on the planet could use another set of ears to bounce things off. Always. I hear pro mixes that could have used tweaks to improve them all the time, and those guys do this day in, day out to make a living. Nobody is beyond what another set of ears hears.

My ears are pleased. New originals, please!
Thanx man.

I agree with you. I think people mean that as a compliment and don't really mean I've "graduated" from this place. I'll never stop posting new songs here because, like you said, no mix is perfect and everyone can use another set of ears. My mixes rarely sound awesome until I've done a few tweaks based on the advice I get here, so I need this place. I have a few originals on the way. Thanx a lot KF. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanx man.

I agree with you. I think people mean that as a compliment and don't really mean I've "graduated" from this place. I'll never stop posting new songs here because, like you said, no mix is perfect and everyone can use another set of ears. My mixes rarely sound awesome until I've done a few tweaks based on the advice I get here, so I need this place. I have a few originals on the say. Thanx a lot KF. :cool:

f'sure it's meant as a compliment. I just don't want you to listen to them and stop posting :laughings:

another vote for the good vocals here. overall cool sound except, just for me as a personal thing, the drums as a whole sound a bit thinnish. But at least they're clear and can be heard. very nice rendition.

Every now and then I come here and find a Rami song so I can be reminded of how music sounds when it is recorded and mixed well. Something I still haven't learned...

Good job as usual, Rami! By the way, have I ever told you that you make me sick? ;)

I think it sounds great RAMI. And one of my all time favorites. In places it reminded me or Queen, which then made me think they were influenced by this song.

The only thing I didn't like was the guitar tone. On the original, that tone is way up there for me as one of the best. I'd have to try hard to match it. Yours is just too fuzzy for my taste.

There was mention of the piano distorting. I liked that. it wasn't too much to detract from anything.
The drum sound I like very much, but felt it was a bit hot in the mix.
Same with the vocals. Excellent singing, some lennon channeling you've got going on there. But again a little too forward in the mix (for my tastes)

I guess what I am saying is that I like it, but would have enjoyed the music being up a bit more.

Overall it was very ambitious, and very good. Anyone with the balls to do a Beatles cover, not to mention do it well, has my respect.:thumbs up:

Back