Sexy Sadie...Beatles cover.

R

RAMI

Did everything but the drums for this a few weeks ago. I just bought a new snare, so I did the drum track this afternoon. I'm still trying to dial in the new snare, so it might be a little off. Sometimes it sounds great to me, sometimes it sounds boxy, still getting used to it.

This is a Beatles cover. Let me know how it sounds so far.

Thanx

SEXY SADIE (Beatles cover)

Sounds good Rami....I'm still hearing a little clipping on the piano in the beginning though dude....maybe it's on my end???

If you want me to be really, really picky, I'd say give the leslie guitar just a little more high end, but that's just being picky...

Man, your vocals are really good, everything is really, but your vocals are really good....

New snare sounds good too man, seems (to me) it's got a little more "woody" sound compared to the drum track you gave me, but this one's in a mix too, so I may be way off....

Good job man!!!

It's a tight, bright snare. Sharp transient. I think it's nice for this tune but I wouldn't rely on it to drive a punchier song.
I like the kick on this one.
I can hear some clipping on the piano as well.

Really good imitation of the original lead tone around 2:10.

Sounds good Rami....I'm still hearing a little clipping on the piano in the beginning though dude....maybe it's on my end???
Might be, because someone else thought they heard it clipping when I posted it a few weeks ago. I'm not sure how it would be clipping, since it's coming in at WAY below 0db. But it might just be in the sound itself.

If you want me to be really, really picky, I'd say give the leslie guitar just a little more high end, but that's just being picky...
Nothing wrong with being picky. I have no idea how to get a good Beatles type leslie sound, and I think I forgot to keep working on it once I got the new snare. So it might need more attention after all.

Man, your vocals are really good, everything is really, but your vocals are really good....
Thanx buddy. I have to say that this is a comfortable, easy song to sing for me.

New snare sounds good too man, seems (to me) it's got a little more "woody" sound compared to the drum track you gave me, but this one's in a mix too, so I may be way off....
Great. I can probably still work on it a bit. If this was an original, I'm sure I would have spent way more time on the snare, the Leslie guitar, etc....I like using covers to try new things or record new toys. I'm sure I can get more out of this snare, and I will as time goes on.

Thanx dude. I really appreciate that.

It's a tight, bright snare. Sharp transient. I think it's nice for this tune but I wouldn't rely on it to drive a punchier song.
I like the kick on this one.
I can hear some clipping on the piano as well.

Really good imitation of the original lead tone around 2:10.
Thanx man. I actually mic'd the bottom of the sanre and turned up the bottom mic more than I usually would just for this tune. If you listen to the original, it almost sounds like they only mic'd it from the bottom. It's also a very sharp sound. When I mute my bottom mic, it actually sounds like a sound I would use more often.

That clipping on the piano is really puzzling me. Mainly because I don't hear it, but also because I know I'm not clipping on the recording. There's obviously something in the sound that's giving the impression of clipping.

at 0:04 when you hit the chord real hard, I can undeniably hear it go kzzzk. Before that it's a bit subtle.

I first thought that it might be my system when you posted a version of this in that snare thread but now I'm on a different system in a different country and I can still hear it.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I believe you guys. I just don't hear it. I can try another patch no problem. Like I said, it's not actually clipping, it's impossible. But the sound itself might just have that quality to it.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I believe you guys. I just don't hear it. I can try another patch no problem. Like I said, it's not actually clipping, it's impossible. But the sound itself might just have that quality to it.
Could be the culprit Rami...I've noticed a lot of stuff sounds weird with these things at times, I've got some drum samples that have a weirdness to them like that.....

I wouldn't sweat it too much dude...Meant to tell you, I'm listening in 'phones too, so I hear just about everything...

Is this why you were looking for leslie effect? Great version of this song. I too hear the buzziness of the intro keyboard. A good, tight, performance, instrumentally and vocally.

Is this why you were looking for leslie effect? Great version of this song. I too hear the buzziness of the intro keyboard. A good, tight, performance, instrumentally and vocally.

Yes, the Leslie I was looking for in that thread was for this tune. How is it? Lacking some brightness?

Thanx a lot Gecko.

I just opened the project and took a look. I have 2 pianos layered. Maybe that's what's causing the harshness. I can't work on anything right now, my speakers are being used in another room. But I'll see if removing one of those pianos helps. Thanx guys.

I heard the piano fuzziness, too - noticable in the intro and around 1:43. I think the snare is too high pitched/hollow, but can't say I ever paid attention to Ringo's sound on this song. Great vocals as always.

You never cease to blow me away. Clean, sharp. Mentioned one time earlier today how much I enjoy a nice fade out...:)

(I'm not going to mention the kzzzkt in the piano at the beginning, it's been overmentioned already. oops...)

I heard the piano fuzziness, too - noticable in the intro and around 1:43. I think the snare is too high pitched/hollow, but can't say I ever paid attention to Ringo's sound on this song. Great vocals as always.
Yeah, no you're right. I spent so much time tuning the snare today, up then down then up, etc....By the time I thought I liked it, I had lost perspective completely. Listening to it now, it's exactly like you said. High and hollow.....kinda like me. :D

You never cease to blow me away. Clean, sharp. Mentioned one time earlier today how much I enjoy a nice fade out...:)

(I'm not going to mention the kzzzkt in the piano at the beginning, it's been overmentioned already. oops...)
Thanx brother. I'll work on this tune again tomorrow. Probably re-track the drums and play around and try to figure out why the piano sounds harsh. I noticed I have 2 pianos layered, and one is set an octave higher than the other one. I'll probably get rid of that one.

Glad you got the little piano thing sorted dude, I know shit like that drives me fuckin' crazy sometimes....

Did everything but the drums for this a few weeks ago. I just bought a new snare, so I did the drum track this afternoon. I'm still trying to dial in the new snare, so it might be a little off. Sometimes it sounds great to me, sometimes it sounds boxy, still getting used to it.

This is a Beatles cover. Let me know how it sounds so far.

The snare isn't boxy. It pops.

No suggestions. I think you nailed it. In fact, I think the bvs are better than the original. Take a look at the vocal at 2.05 though - when it gets intense, it's just a touch strident. Okay, that's a suggestion. My bad. I still think you nailed it. You could put more voodoo (effect) on that outro guitar too. Okay, I'll stop. You still nailed it.

Way to go Rami, I love this song.
Personally I have some issues with the snare, it does not sit soundwise for me, It might be me being a fanboy of how Ringos kit sounds on the original though.
It sounds a bit to tight and short to me.
This is the best vocal performance I've heard from you, very tight playing as well.

The snare isn't boxy. It pops.

No suggestions. I think you nailed it. In fact, I think the bvs are better than the original. Take a look at the vocal at 2.05 though - when it gets intense, it's just a touch strident. Okay, that's a suggestion. My bad. I still think you nailed it. You could put more voodoo (effect) on that outro guitar too. Okay, I'll stop. You still nailed it.
Thanx man. :cool:

Way to go Rami, I love this song.
Personally I have some issues with the snare, it does not sit soundwise for me, It might be me being a fanboy of how Ringos kit sounds on the original though.
It sounds a bit to tight and short to me.
This is the best vocal performance I've heard from you, very tight playing as well.
Thanx Nak. How are you, man? Long time no hear from. How's D'Accord doing?

I'm going to re-tune the snare and re-track the drums tomorrow. I'm probably just too used to the high pitched snare I've always had. I'll bring this down a bit.

Thanx buddy.

Back