semi-finished sleeze-rock production - any comments?

ragata

Allright, so I've just recorded another local act (finished today). This time I begun to mix immediatly for a change, and this is the somewhat finished product. I think. It might just be the lack of food, sleep and alcohol talking here, but anyway... ;)
Mics used: 57's for toms, snare and guitar-cabs(carvin 4x12, jcm800, gibson guits), d112 on kick and shure A10 on vocals. You grab what you got. And it was recorded in the bands rehersalroom, too.

So, here goes:

I realise that there may be some problems in the low-end, but since my KEF Coda7's leave alot to be desired in terms of bass-response, I can't really tell at this point.
Well, any comments would be appretiated! :)

Cheers

Not at all. I thought it was pretty well done. Maybe bring up the vocals a bit in the verses and bring out the guitar solo a little bit in the mix. The toms also could use some work, but other than that, it sounds great.

Dude, sounds pretty good to me. I am a vocals guy though and would bring up the vocals just a bit. And thats about the extent of of what I know on mixing. But I really think it sounds pretty good man.

Stockton

Agreed the vocals could come up a tad, and the backgrounds down a bit.

I like the combination of guitars during the verse. Sounds cool :cool:

Drums sound good to me too. Good players. I didn't notice any timing issues.

Thanks for the listen !

Hey, thanks alot for everybodys comments!
Yes, the band (not mine) consist of very good musicians, especially the drummer who is extremely hardhitting. I find that it is a whole lot easier to record a band like this, rather than your average garageband, where you have to compensate for Their lack of skill as musicians, as an engineer. Kind of takes the fun out of it all.

Ok, so vocals brought up a bit, check. Toms tweaked a little, check.
I love this forum :)

Back