Seeking mix feedback on acoustic / string-band cover of "What A Wonderful World"

SweetDan

Seeking mix feedback on acoustic / string-band cover of "What A Wonderful World"

Give it a listen...it's a bit different than the way you're probably used to hearing. I'm curious to hear what you think of the balance of the instruments, not so much the precision of playing (it's a rough take). Also, I know there's something funky going on w/levels 5-12 seconds in; my computer was running extra slowly that day when I rendered the final mix.

Also, I'm not totally happy w/the sound of the rhythm guitar (left channel), but not sure how to fix it. I know it's probably EQ-related, but I can't pin it down.

Thanks, all.

That's a great cover. Bass and vocals are good. That high rhythm guitar could come down, expecially during the vocal. Try panning it wide and dropping the level. I could use a touch more ambiance.

I'd like to hear more like this.

Thanks.

Is the high part you refer to in the right channel? That's actually a mandolin.

I'm undecided myself about the amount of ambience/reverb; I'm trying to make the decision myself where I haven't got the best monitoring environment.

Sorry about that...here, try another

http://eastofcleveland.com/m/WhatAWonderfulWorld_scratch.mp3

(I'll turn off the auto-parsing of links; you may have to copy/paste the link above into your browser)

Not sure if it's my headphones, but I'm hearing a lot of sibilance on the vocals. Nice cover, regardless. Good work

Back