Seeking Feedback on Mix

I listened mostly to mix 2.

I didn't think the low end was lacking. I didn't think the low end sounded fantastic, but it wasn't weak.

I thought the bass and the kick were a bit sterile sounding. That's typically due to a lack of low midrange - like 250hz to 500hz.

The guitar tone sounded a bit like an amp sim. There sounded like a lot of 1K - 3K energy in the tone. It could maybe use a little more gain/distortion too.

Those are just kind of starters. I don't think this was as bad as you might be thinking.

Some real drums or better drums and a better sounding bass would help. Working on guitar tone would help.

On headphones that rhythm guitar sounds a little harsh, and maybe a touch loud. Your lead tone sounds good, nice little break in there too.

I think the mix sounds pretty good but I think it would sound better with a wider mix for the rhythm guitars. Sometimes the drum cymbals sound wider then the guitars ever get.

Certainly could just be my taste...

I like the second mix a lot better. I think the guitars are walking on each other...seems like they are in the same sonic space. I would either take the lead and move to one side or take the RHY. Guitar and play a second part and pan each to the side and let the lead stay center-ish.

Back