Seek & Destroy - Greg takes Metallica surfing

..as only the Gerg can do it. Great rendition. Well played. I'd like to hear the kick thump a little more. :o

thanks for sharing.

Brilliant concept....flawless execution....straight to the car stereo this one goes!!!

Genius idea and awesome recording. Great production. The vocals sound great, guitars have a lot of reverb but that's what it needs for the surf vibe. Drums obviously sound great as usual.

Greg is a ketchup lover.

The song is pretty good too I guess... :D

I think it could use a bit more low end, and maybe at the end of the solo (sick solo by the way) add a longer reverb tail. It died out to quickly for me. Do you use track templates then just tweak the mix at the end to fit the song? All of your tones and sounds are very consistent.

Metal is gay, so I did it better. :D

Seek & Destroy

As always, let me know how it goes.

Greg
Holy shit! Metallica meets the Munsters... very cool. I can't say a thing that ain't been said, so I won't.... :D

Metal is gay, so I did it better. :D

Seek & Destroy

As always, let me know how it goes.

Greg

Hehe....you sure showed that douchebag Lars Ulrich how to drum!:D
Sounds great, bro! And you sound like Hetfield, somehow.....:p
Fuckin' millionaires......

..as only the Gerg can do it. Great rendition. Well played. I'd like to hear the kick thump a little more. :o

thanks for sharing.
Thanks Chili. I think I agree on the kick. Too much slap. I think it's got enough thud but the attack is overpowering. If I cut the slap I can bring up the thud more.

Brilliant concept....flawless execution....straight to the car stereo this one goes!!!
Haha, thanks queepy. :D

Genius idea and awesome recording. Great production. The vocals sound great, guitars have a lot of reverb but that's what it needs for the surf vibe. Drums obviously sound great as usual.
Thanks a lot Rami! :D

I used to hear this song back in the day and think it should be done with surfy guitars. In fact, I brought it up to my psychobilly band like 20 years ago and they shunned the idea. Then I heard a punk version from a band called Agent Orange and thought, fuck I can do a better cover version than these guys. :D

Greg is a ketchup lover.

The song is pretty good too I guess... :D

I think it could use a bit more low end, and maybe at the end of the solo (sick solo by the way) add a longer reverb tail. It died out to quickly for me. Do you use track templates then just tweak the mix at the end to fit the song? All of your tones and sounds are very consistent.
I don't love ketchup! :mad:

The reverb is all amp reverb, so I could add more with a plug, but it might sound gay. I might have used a stereo reverb on the lead, but I don't remember. I'll have to look and see. I only use track templates on the drums. I use the same drums, and the same mics in the same spots and use the same plugs and do pretty much the same processing every time, so it's not too hard to be reasonably consistent. Of course I EQ and compress and shit for each song, but you know, I think it's just the way I mix and I wanna hear it the way I wanna hear it. I'm not too big on experimentation. I do things the same way for batches of songs, and then do major changes for another batch. I hear huge variances from song to song, but I don't expect anyone else to. I'll beef up the kick and see what that does to the low end. Thanks squib.

Holy shit! Metallica meets the Munsters... very cool. I can't say a thing that ain't been said, so I won't.... :D
Cool, thanks holmes. :D

Dude, so awesome. I'd say we need more people like you who can consistently blend irreverence with sick talent, but then you wouldn't be so special. And I don't want to live in a world where you aren't special.

Ha ha...seriously though, this is really good. Like, genius good. God, I hate you so much.

Damn you Greg_L,

Dave
davedewhitt's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Awesome, thanks for checking it out dude. :D

Hehe....you sure showed that douchebag Lars Ulrich how to drum!:D
Sounds great, bro! And you sound like Hetfield, somehow.....:p
Fuckin' millionaires......

Haha, thanks Joey. Yeah this was done back when Lars could play sort of. With some of his stuff, I'm like, "yeah that's cool and pretty good", but then with some of his stuff I'm like, "how the fuck does Lars have a job in one of the biggest bands in the world?"

As for sounding like Hetfield, I don't hear it, but neither of us can sing worth a fuck, so I guess it's possible. :D

I know how much you hate Metallica, so when I saw the thread title I'm like "WTF?"

Hahaha I love the Surf drum groove. So freaking awesome.

It would almost be funnier if your lead vocals was more surfer-esque, but what you did also kicks ass.

Nice job!

That sounds really good. The whole bass/drum region is really tight, and the guitars sound nicely drenched in tremelo and spring verb. Nice bite too.

I actually don't know the original :o (I've heard of it), but I can pretty much guess what it'd sound like.

You really put everything in the same space nicely here. Well done.

Buwahahahahahahahaha!

Ok That is freakin AWESOME.

It's like some kind of fantastic alternate universe!
I think you have achieved something really amazing here dude.
Hats off.

You have done some good stuff - but this is my favorite for sure. Nice one man.

Best Metallica Cover Ever.

Great crunchy guitars, mix sounds right on, lots of ride cymbal:D

Nice work!

Back