Searching for a chorus

Bulls Hit

I've had this tune knocking around for a couple of months waiting for inspiration to finish off the vocals. I now know it's not going to happen, so I guess it's done. Any comments on the tune and the mix/levels would be great...

Sounds like it might've fitted on Diamond Dogs with just a little more weirdness.
Needs some harmony or double vocals to nudge the chorus up some more..
It's probably my ears but I think it needs a little sparkle on the top end.
Good work so far.

Are you from Aus or NZ Bulls Hit? Singing accent sounds like it. Kind of a grungy track there. A backing vocal, some oohs or ahhs might go ok in the neon lights parts. I hear something ethereal, for want of a better word, in those sections.

You have the best effects on your riffs - totally original and appealing. The riffs themselves are ultra cool too. Immediately liked this tune. Just keep this around for a while and maybe some more verses will come around. Hot drums, synths?, guitars and vocals - can't ask for anything better than this.... I'm going back to bed....!:D:D:D:D

Sounds pretty good quality. Can't find anything wrong with it. Let me change that to sounds pretty pro quality.

:)

The tune itself is pretty cool. The guitar work is indeed cool. The rhythm riffs are pretty neat.

rayc - Heh Diamond Dogs. Great album. You're right about the lack of sparkle. There's also some low end in the vocal and guitars that's not helping. I've performed some surgery, and hopefully improved the clarity a wee bit. Thanks for your help Ray.

Monkey Allen - Yep it's a bright winter's afternoon down here in NZ. Thanks for your thoughts. I'll keep ethereal in mind if and when I get back to these vocals

ido1957 - Hey thanks for the positive words ido. You've got me enthusiastic about this tune again. Cheers!

bigbubba - Woah, the 'P' word. Not quite as 'P' as I'd like but getting there, thanks man.

lbanks - Thanks for checking it Larry

I really enjoyed this alot man. Guitar lines are great as mentioned above, very creative. Drums sound awesome. I'm actually not missing anything, i'm not sure theres anything you need to add (you mentioned a missing chorus). Vocals are clean and sit very well. Wish i had some advice but this sounds really good man, a new fave of mine of yours.

Take care

Gary

gbav - Thanks for the kind words Gary. You need to work on your advice-giving though :D. Cheers man, glad you liked it

Does sound good.

The bit I preferred most was the riff at the very end, and I found it a bit of a shame when it faded out so quickly.

zoiks - Yeah the fadeout is a bit sudden, I might start the fade a little earlier. Glad you liked the ending, it's good to leave 'em wanting more :D

Way cool man....you have the great sounds as always. Big drums, and cool guitars, and a great bass sound. I like the vocals....they fit well. I also like the images it puts in my mind...kinda just waiting for a good weekend to have some fun. :)

As far asthe length and content, I don't mind what you have. It's sparse, so it doesn't get boring, and cluttered. It's an easy listen. :cool:

I really like the way this song is put together. The vocals really add to the weird grunge feel of the whole thing. I wouldn't really change anything!

great work,

-jD

Dogman - Hey Ed good to get your thoughts on this one. Yeah I'm thinking it's pretty well done. Cheers man, glad you liked it.

jamesduysen - Yeah I think it's the slide guitar that adds a bit bit of wierdness to it. Thanks for the kind words James

Back