"Scupper" - First home-recorded song

batterista

Please check out the first song I’ve completed using the Tascam 388 (and the first I've ever really engineered). Thanks to all of you here for the valuable advice I received along the way!

http://www.myspace.com/blankuslarry - there’s only one song on there…that’s the one.

Strat > Line6 and JamMan looping pedals > Orange Amplifier
Audix i5 placed 1’ in front of the amp faced directly at the amp, offset so it’s aimed at the edge of the speaker. A Sterling Audio large condenser 3’ in front of the amp.

Drums: Roland SPD20 direct into the board

Vocals: Neumann KMS 105 through an Audio Technica AT-RMX 6 mixer into the 388 (the AT has a pre-amp… maybe we didn’t need this… I have no idea).
The whole track is one take, sans the vox (although some of the scratch vox are used).

No compression or any effects except for some reverse reverb using a MidiVerb unit.

I mixed it down directly to Cubase (I need to fix the transport in the RMX 6 or get my old Tandberg cassette recorder back in action). It's also in Mono, because I'm an idiot and couldn't really figure out how to make a stereo mix when using the outboard gear (or maybe I didn't have enough of the right cables... I can't remember).

Back