A scarey Halloween original. "Walk Home"

BushmasterM4

I wrote another tune with lyrics. My second ever with lyrics. Its called "Walk Home". Im singing and playing all instruments as usual. Enjoy. Lyrics below. LInk http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6894441&q=hi

What was I doing
Walking down this gravel road
I knew better
Then to travel all alone
I keep hearing noises
Coming from behind those trees
I look around
My mind gets the best of me

No where to run
No place to hide
I cant believe
Is it my time to die ?

Full moon lights my way
Down this dusty path
I hear that noise again
Oh God !! Its coming fast !!

I gotta run
I gotta hide
Here it comes
I dont want to die

Im so cold
I feel fright
Its killing me
I guess its my time to die

Im so cold
I feel fright
Its eating me !!
Its my time to die

:D

How do you pronounce ":D"? I didn't hear it in the song! ... :D

It was pretty good. Your instrumental tone is good. I can't fault you there.

It sounded like you had trouble hitting a few vocal notes near the beginning. I also caught a couple lip smacks and similar noises.

As a lyrical critique, I didn't find the lyrics all that frightening. I think your narrative is too straightforward and easy to follow to really be scary. (Guy is walking home, something follows him, he tries to run, but it catches him anyway and eats him.) That combined with the matter-of-fact way that the lyrics are delivered ("Hmmm... It seems I am being devoured. How unpleasant.") reduces the fright of the story.

How do you pronounce ":D"? I didn't hear it in the song! ... :D

It was pretty good. Your instrumental tone is good. I can't fault you there.

It sounded like you had trouble hitting a few vocal notes near the beginning. I also caught a couple lip smacks and similar noises.

As a lyrical critique, I didn't find the lyrics all that frightening. I think your narrative is too straightforward and easy to follow to really be scary. (Guy is walking home, something follows him, he tries to run, but it catches him anyway and eats him.) That combined with the matter-of-fact way that the lyrics are delivered ("Hmmm... It seems I am being devoured. How unpleasant.") reduces the fright of the story.

Yep. I hear some artifacts too I need to get rid of. I think its in the vocal track, a click/sss sound, probably at an overdub split. I'll look at it. Kind of hard to scare anyone these days. I remember being scared of "Frankenstein". And my kids think he is adorable. I need to re-think my scare factor :) Thanks for the listen.

I find more of a *love has found and devoured me*...as in for emotional snack, not your Hannibal flesh feast....:D

Sounds cool though!!!

Okay, let's never mind whether or not the lyrics are scary--what about the music? I think it's awesome. It really creates a mood. I can't think of Halloween music without thinking of that stupid Monster Mash song--until now that is. You've given me something else to consider Halloween music. It's dark, forboding--and it's rock n' roll. (well played and recorded too--I love how you're recording you're drums!)

Nice job man!

Last edited:
Back