"Saving Grace"(Ugly) Any thoughts on the mix?

I think it is very good, the harmonics on the guitar towards the beginning could be louder. The vocals also sometimes get covered up by the guitar during louder parts. But overall I think it sounds very good. Is this your own composition, if it is, it is very good also.

I don't like how it cuts out so suddenly, personally I would let it fade, but if you like it cutting out I don't think that was quite the right spot.

I sincerely enjoyed all of your insight. You have made some valid points. This is a composition that I wrote and you will be reflected in it's adjustments. Thank you kind sir.

Nice mix dude. The vocal needs more compression coz like michael says sometimes it gets buried. Just bring down the compressor threshold down, maybe a little up of the ration and add a little gain.
Nice acoustic guitar performances and panning. It's worth to add more stuff like drums keys, and bass

Does anyone think the low-mids on the rhythm guitar are too high? Or are my "monitors" (lol) not being entirely accurate? It really only shows up significantly for me on the chord that comes right after "with only a face". Every time with that particular chord or in the same range.

P.S., I love the composition itself, great song.

Good tune performed well. The guitar is a little woofy in the mids. Maybe the mic was too close to the sound hole or EQd badly. It's hard to say from here. That may be what swamps the vocal when the guitar goes from the palm mutes to a full strum. Yeah, and the sudden stop is sort of like squeezing off a round on an empty chamber. I'd definately craft a better exit.

The guitar is a little woofy in the mids. Maybe the mic was too close to the sound hole or EQd badly.

Yeah, that's a good way to describe it. The woofer does seem to be working too much for the guitar's range. And it does sounds exactly like when I used to mic the sound hole. EQing should fix it nicely, though. They still salvage real well.

Good tune performed well. The guitar is a little woofy in the mids. Maybe the mic was too close to the sound hole or EQd badly. It's hard to say from here. That may be what swamps the vocal when the guitar goes from the palm mutes to a full strum. Yeah, and the sudden stop is sort of like squeezing off a round on an empty chamber. I'd definately craft a better exit.

I agree, the end is a little weak. We will work with it. Thanks for the insight, rat. :) Much love.

Does anyone think the low-mids on the rhythm guitar are too high? Or are my "monitors" (lol) not being entirely accurate? It really only shows up significantly for me on the chord that comes right after "with only a face". Every time with that particular chord or in the same range.

P.S., I love the composition itself, great song.

I hear it too. I will investigate the problem with my partner in crime. Much appreciation from Wisconsin. Stay real, your good at it.

Right on dude. I will work through the kinks. Is that Taz or whatever his name was from back in the day in your title image? "I'm so dizzy" HA, nice. I am directing this towards Jerberson! I use to sing that crazy tune back in the day. Oh my!

Back