Saturn: the hit dance remix single!

DavidK

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I had a version of this up before, it has been majorly revised:

1. Changed the Orchestration

2. Beefed up the strings

3. Took out the "clues" to the "secret".

At 5:15 you understand what this piece is about. Before I gave clues that werent working.

This is a very emotional piece about despair, isolation ( both human and of space), aging and death. It should be on clear channel very soon. :D

Music by Gustav Holst from The Planets. It was a bitch to get this loud enough. Any mixing comments/feedback are appreciated. Viddy well me droogs ;)

Saturn, bringer of old age

Very nice piece man. Again, lots of dynamics. Very clean. What can I say????

Oh, you suck!!!!!!!!!!! :p

lol, I read the title as "behringer of old age" the first time.
Spooky intro, feels like I'm in a dark old house I'm not supposed to be, searching around.
Excellent sounds to the instruments all around. Brings me back to my band days :o Is this all software instrumentation?
Yeah, honestly I'd have no idea how to mix this, but it sounded great and I enjoyed it ;)

Music sounds interesting from the description. Sorry I can't bring myself to hear it, the topics mentioned are just not my cup of tea. :)

Just here for the moral support. :)

bigbubba said:
Music sounds interesting from the description. Sorry I can't bring myself to hear it, the topics mentioned are just not my cup of tea. :)

Just here for the moral support. :)

I will respect that. :cool: For a lil info:

On July 20 2004 I almost died. In fact I did, I flatlined. This CD is all about death because of that, but its "classical" death i.e. there are no words or no clues to what it is about.

It was very publicized in the Cave: I almost drank myself to death. :eek: This is an exploration of the themes of death, but also a celebration of sobriety. :cool:

DavidK said:
I will respect that. :cool: For a lil info:

On July 20 2004 I almost died. In fact I did, I flatlined. This CD is all about death because of that, but its "classical" death i.e. there are no words or no clues to what it is about.

It was very publicized in the Cave: I almost drank myself to death. :eek: This is an exploration of the themes of death, but also a celebration of sobriety. :cool:
Glad you're alive. Man, I'll occassionaly drink here and there but for the most part, I don't really get the time.

Stay sober, and just keep rockin'. :)

DavidK said:
Thanks for checkin it out, recording brethren. :cool:

Its 39 real violins and a Roland JV1010. thats it. :cool:

Sure, good to hear some classical around here ;)
Yeah, I guess the first clue was your avatar and soundclick page :D Didn't expect 39 though :eek: Anyway, I tried doing full arrangements a while back, but never found anything that sounded "real" enough to me... which yours here obviously sounds real since it is, or I thought maybe you had some awesome free plugin that sounding that good or something. I'll continue dreaming... anyway, nice work ;)

Nice violins around 1:05, bringing up dynamics of the music.

"Vocals" at 2:30 are very cool...

Starting at around 3:00 and 5:00 - my untrained ears have trouble distinguishing synths from violins. When the violin in right up there it's easy (like at the beginning). Are there synths and violin or just violin? Because they are perfectly blended if both. Maybe that's the 39 violin tracks that make it so full. Pardon my lack of ear in this.....

The whole mix is nicely balanced, and always within the same volume range overall.

Very dynamic lines around the 5:00 mark - powerful and dramatic.
Around 6:30 I can hear a low violin - almost cello-like in that range, smooth.....

Nice "plucking" around 6:45. Bells are very effective at 7:30....

Just a side question - A lot of your previous tracks are gone from your Soundclick page. (I've got most downloaded). Does this mean we'll be hearing about your CD release soon?

Always enjoy your amazing performances.... :) :) :) :)

Thanks for checkin this out fellers. :cool:

Just a side question - A lot of your previous tracks are gone from your Soundclick page. (I've got most downloaded). Does this mean we'll be hearing about your CD release soon?

Ummmmmmm, possibly :confused: :eek: :o :D ;) I am waiting to hear from a few labels who are considering it :eek: :cool: I need to redo a couple tracks, including this one. Its not bad, but it doesnt have the emotional impact yet. This is about death and old age, right now its like its a pleasant retirement community :p It needs to be colder, and I have to work on the buildup.

The middle has to be so loud that it wakes the dead. I have resolved a few problems by panning wider and wider, but I am changing the instrumentation a bit.

Always enjoy your amazing performances....
And Ive always enjoyed yours, but you seem to be off schedule. I am expecting an ido57 tune VERY SOON, Waiting...

Waiting...

Waiting..... :rolleyes: :cool:

DavidK said:
I am waiting to hear from a few labels who are considering it

They should be pounding down your door IMHO.....

DavidK said:
And Ive always enjoyed yours, but you seem to be off schedule. I am expecting an ido57 tune VERY SOON, Waiting...
I'm just listening to a live basement jam we did this past weekend to see if there's anything worth posting....and there's a couple "in the can" ;)

Back