Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Satanic Verses

Thanks

Thumbs down

Sign in to disable this ad
    To whom it may concern: I posted words to all my stuff on MP3.com for public meditation and enlightenment. Enjoy.
    www.mp3.com/Mofocult

Thanks

Wink

Well... I just tried to view them and they are not up yet. Maybe they will appear someday.

Thanks

Thumbs down

Thanks.
    The plug-ins I use are the ones that come with Cool Edit Pro... I cant figure out how to get other ones to work.
    The songs you heard were all done with drum machine... I have done some more recent stuff with live drums that is 10X better. Check out "Mangled".
    Tartiness?

Thanks

Wink

As promised, here is what I have to say...

I've only downloaded two tunes I think...I'll have to look around on my hard drive to see if I have more (long and dumb story). But the first tune I downloaded was "Disgruntled...". This one I love. I appeared on this forum right around the time you posted this one, so I don't know what else I can add except that I'm very impressed with the overall sound, but I especially like where the vocals sit in the mix.

The next one I got was "Burning Churches". Again, the vocals are placed really well, and I'm particularly fond of the phase on the vocals around 1:06-1:15. I love that! I'm sure you have already mentioned this in another post, but what plug-in's are you using on your system?

As I'm sitting here writing this, I've come across "Unclean" on my hard drive. Cool tune, I like the guitar. I'm listening through AKG K240 headphones, so my monitoring set up isn't the greatest, but the vocals don't appear to sit as high up in the mix as the others. Other than that, it's got a great sound.

I've got to admit, I don't often listen to music very similar to this, but I like what your doing. If I can only harness a fraction of the power of Mofo, I think I'd be happy!

Sorry again about the tartiness of my post!

Thanks

Wink

I thought the post was more sweet than tart.

Thanks

Wink

S8-N, i was able to get those lyrics.

"I'd day on my feet rather than live on my knees". Dude you said a whole lifes worth of lessons in one line there. The mix was really good and the background barking added a good feel the beginning. The live drums sounded great, but I thought youre drum machine on previous tracks was pretty decent. What kind of machine were u using?

Thanks

Wink

I was using an Alesis HR-16b. I like it. The samples in it sound way better than my drummers actual drums.
    And its "Die on my feet" what are ya, British???

Thanks

Thumbs up

Just got back from work/margarita trip...forums all different and some missing, so did I miss something other than these posted lyrics of yours? S8-N - your words are GREAT. No shit. Maybe I'm hearing impaired, but being able to see words just one time sorta makes a song whole for me, and I can get the intent behind it...In MANGLED you write "I'm dying faster than most...". Those five words can actually stand by themselves, the rest is icing....In DISGRUNTLED, the "Got bills to pay/American way" line stayed in my memory both as a musical riff and a rhyme, which is really sorta the purpose of the exercise...In SOME ASS REQ, you sorta had some rumination of the meaning of life...hmmm...so maybe there's not such a huge difference between our mutual musical intent as much as our musical styles. I dug your tunes before, as I've said, but seeing the words have made me dig 'em more.....Respectfully, gibs

Thanks

Wink

"Tartiness" as in I'm late in posting comments.

I was just thinking about my lack of involvment in posting my input to everyone's MP3's and I think that I don't have as critical an ear for other people's music as I do for my own. I'm not as studio savvy as some of you guys, and I have a tough time dissecting a mix and analyzing the details of it. My ear isn't that fine tuned yet. But, I guess that's why we're here! Enough excuse making, I'll try harder.

Thanks

Wink

"Tartiness" Yeah right, I meant "Tardiness". Need to put a little more effort into proofreading my posts.

Thread Information