Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Salvation For 1000 Whores (Death metal)

Thanks

Salvation For 1000 Whores (Death metal)

Sign in to disable this ad
    In the vane of the last one. Maybe a little less crazy. Does it pair up production-wise with the other is the question.

Salvation For 1000 Whores

Thanks
    While I understand that the sound is semi-sought after, I think there's such a lack of tone it's unreal. Guitars lack depth, kick is a rapid splat and somehow 2x as loud as the snare, bass has no definition. However, despite all that, I'll commend you that the frequencies all sit well together. The sound is full, and everything has it's place. It's just not a realistic place in the spectrum. I'm not a fan of fade-out endings. To me that usually means the band couldn't come up with a real way to conclude the song.

Thanks
    Seems to be a pretty solid death metal mix.

The lyrics are almost comprehensible though, that could be a problem.

Thanks
    In the intro, the snare is only just audible. It would be just as effective with less of it filtered out, but it would be easier to pick out.
    As for the vocals, gotta agree with VHSteve, the fx make the lyrics incomprehensible.
    The kick needs a bit less HF 'click' and more LF thump.

Thanks
    I thought the vocals were good. Not a fan of the style, but they were well done. I guess I'll never get the Cookie Monster vocal thing. But they were well performed.

Some of the drums were machine-gunny.

The guitar tone on the guitar in the intro sounded like everything above about 2K was rolled off. Not enough high end. maybe that's what you wanted.

The guitars that come in at :21 sound better. But for my personal tastes, they had a little too much gain to them. A bit fizzy sounding.

Guitars were very well played.

Thanks
    MadHatterTCM:
    Normally I don't respond to negative critiques and learn a lot from them, but yours made no sense to me. It's obvious you aren't a fan of Death Metal. It's not a "semi-sought after" sound. It is a sought after sound because I (and other death metal bands) are seeking after it.
    I'll commend you that the frequencies all sit well together. The sound is full, and everything has it's place. It's just not a realistic place in the spectrum.
    That makes no sense. And I wanted a fade out ending because it adds dramatic effect IMO. Like I am so musically inept that I have to replace an ending with a fade out because I couldn't write an end part.

VomitHatSteve:
    Thanx man. I am working on it. Cant be having people understand THESE lyrics. You don't wanna know what I'm saying. You shouldn't know what I'm saying. lol.

cobaltaudio:
    VomitHatSteve was making a joke and you missed it. This is Death Metal. You aren't supposed to understand the lyrics. The reason why this type of music has characteristically clicky kick drums is because if you add a lot of thump on 250bpm 16th note kicks you will get a non stop undefined rumble. Same with the snare. If it's too fat you get slop. Once again, it's Death Metal.....it's supposed to sound like that.
    Last edited by Murdersgalore; 06-16-2011 at 18:28.

Thanks
    Whenever I hear death metal singing I always think of John Cleese doing silly walks...

But apart from making what I assume are lyrics sound like silly dying toad noises... this is pretty bloody good.

Thanks
    Cobalt and I agree that the lyrics are at the wrong level of comprehensibility, we just disagree on which direction they should go from here!

The lyrics I could pick out were something about "I'm gonna murder everyone I see today." "No, I'm not crazy!"

Thanks
    Hah! fair enough. On the snare, i only mean in the intro but I get it's a deliberate effect. I also get what you say on the kick though, yeah of course too much thump's gonna go boomy, but hey just offering an opinion.

Thanks
    Wow, very brutal! I am most impressed with the definition achieved in the guitars- Those speed-harmonies are killer! I can't say that I have one piece of music in my collection that resembles this genre, but it sounds pretty good to me.

Thread Information