Running Slow - Cover of my song by Luke Fitzpatrick

Cool! Probably just me, but I feel like the vox could use a little more "punch." Not volume, necessarily, but they sound a little flat. Is that over-compression? I don't know. Don't have the mixing skills to really say.

I hear a weird, intermittent low hum in one or two spots. Not sure where that's coming from.

Cool tune, though!

So this dude covered one of your tunes? That's pretty cool. Is it like the original? This treatment sounds like a Gilbert & Sullivan tune from the 70s. Melodies are good, for some reason I prefer the backing vox to the main vocal

Nice tune. I like the mix. The lead vocal in Luke's cover sounds like it's distorting (in my phones) on the higher, louder notes. Is there some FX going on there?

I'm not sure Luke's end of things production wise. I know he operates on a very basic setup. Dynamic mics, some Steinberg 2 channel unit and, of all things in this age of DAWs, Audacity.

I'm a big fan of his production work and the songs he writes. Check out his youtube channel and you can see him recording in garages, plain rooms etc. He has some amazingly good songs recorded.

YouTube

Back