'Running Around (Harbor Of Dreams)'

Fuzznut

Searcher
Have a listen to our new song 'Running Around (Harbor Of Dreams)'. Filled with groovy guitar licks and a journey like feel this jam of a tune of ours brings it all together. Although this song is still not technically finished yet, it shows how the song progresses on its own as it builds up. I hope you enjoy it! :o

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=131351&songID=5711318

better quality download 320kpbs (click Save As)
http://www.mikseri.net/music/play.php?id=292272&type=dl

Equipment used:

1982 JV stratocaster, ProAnalog Scaryface Fuzz, 1968 Marshall Superbass 100w Plexi, 1970 Basketweave 4x12" pre-rola G12M T1511 014

1987 MIJ lefty strat, ProAnalog MKII, 1971 Marshall Superbass 100w, 1969 Basketweave 4x12" pre-rola G12M T1221 003

Drums were recorded with three mics, one Oktava mk012 overhead, SM57 snare and Audio-technica pro25 kick mic. Shure SM57's on guitar amps, SM58 on vocals.
All hooked up into Soundcraft Spirit M8 mixer > RME Hammerfall Multiface Audio Interface > PC. Recorded live at our homestudio.

Any comments or feedback is welcomed.

I like it...i'll bet you guys are fun to watch live.

1. good groove at the beginning man...

2. drums sound good, but maybe a tad more verb on the snare. They're tucked in the back just right for me. good job.

3. everything sounds like it's dead center...was this on purpose? Kinda tough to distinguish what all is going on after about 2 minutes...spread rhythm guitars out to 10 and 2? just a suggestion.

*** edit *** I just realized that everything is sounding that way on my system at home. disregard if you did spread everything out *** end edit ***

4. Vocal could sit a tad more on top of everything - but other than that it sounds good. has that feel of "Rock the Casbah" in places...

5. I almost would like to hear a B3 pad tucked in the back. just my opinion though. I dig the groove you nailed here.

again, just my opinions/suggestions.

cholo

Last edited:
Yeah everything is actually a tad too center. It wasn't on purpose, just came out that way... I'm saving up for stereo overheads so it'll be fun to play with those then.

Thanks A LOT elcholo! You really gave me some new ideas to try out. Loved the B3 suggestion :D

Jäsenet:

Arto (guitar)

Rami (guitar)

Cena (drums)

Cool - didn't know Rami was playing with you guys....j/k I know that it's not the HR.com Rami lol.....

Mix is good - no problems with it - nice and live sounding. Good lead playing, a cool combination of rhythm and lead like the old blues players did....

:D:cool::D

Sounds mostly pretty good! I agree you could have more panning going on if you were looking for a more modern mix, but judging by the song/composition, I'd guess you were going for more of an old school grungy sound which you pulled off pretty well! The only thing I'd really change is there's just a bit too much attack/mids going on with the guitars: it hurts my ears in a not good way and makes it harder to listen to the vocals.

I'd compress the vocals a bit more too, and take some of the reverb out of there. Overall, nice tune!

Back