Rough mix.....stoner rock....halp!

Listened from work, so bad speakers.. But what the hell are you talking about?.. Sounded way cool enough. :D :cool:

I'd make it a tad heavier, but that's a matter of taste..

Jouni said:
Listened from work, so bad speakers.. But what the hell are you talking about?.. Sounded way cool enough. :D :cool:

I'd make it a tad heavier, but that's a matter of taste..

make it heavier how?

Sounds awfully bass heavy to me. Guitars need to be bigger. More crack in the snare, maybe a bit less 60hz in the kick.

It's not bad though........

I would add some swells in the background and some swampy reverb sounds way off in the distant like bells.

NL5 said:
Sounds awfully bass heavy to me. Guitars need to be bigger. More crack in the snare, maybe a bit less 60hz in the kick.

It's not bad though........

How would you suggest I make the guitars sound bigger? I agree about the kick.

The guitars do need to be bigger. Try tracking the again with different amps or diffferent settings, until you can do 2 tracks left 75% and 2 right 75%.

The vocals need to come down a bit, or the rest of the mix up....

Sounds pretty good though!

Reminds me a little of Fu Manchu or 60 Watt Shaman.

amra said:
The guitars do need to be bigger. Try tracking the again with different amps or diffferent settings, until you can do 2 tracks left 75% and 2 right 75%.

The vocals need to come down a bit, or the rest of the mix up....

Sounds pretty good though!

Reminds me a little of Fu Manchu or 60 Watt Shaman.

That's the sound he said he wanted when we were tracking. Anything I can do to make them sound bigger right now?

Try some light "vocal style" compression to slightly boost the overall volume...
Something like a -20 threshold, 2 or 3 to 1 with a soft knee, and enough makeup gain to bring the guitars up front a little more.

To add that stoner sense I'd reduced the vocals a little add the touches mentioned by Gumblefish. The quite spots could use the Gummblefish quotient particularly.
The split vocal reminds me of Pommie mob from the late 70's Dead Fingers Talk.
I think the guitars are fine though a little listen to early Hawkwind (esp Hall of the Mountain Grill) wouldn't go astry for ideas.

Way cool. I love it.

I listened on headphones, but it sounds pretty good to me. I like the guit tones. I don't think the vox are too loud, and they sound good. The kick and snare could probably use a little help as has been mentioned earlier.

Please make more music!!!

Back