rough mix of new metal song

gachiman

This is one of 10 songs I recorded for a local 3 piece metal band over the weekend. It's still very rough, and the vocals are going to get re-recorded in a few weeks. Something about a cold, and too much alcohol... Have a listen and see what you think

Shit Pile

Sounds like everything is panned to the right except the overheads.
For a mono-mix, sounds good.

You can polish it, it's not a turd. Try to pane the channels in a more balanced way.
The main guitar riff is like a Sepultura song, right?
About muisc, the vocals has the same "feeling" like the Slayer vocal, right?
And there' a solo that reminds me some Metallica song, right?
These guys are crazy!
*Oho, post #200!*

The vocals are going to get redone in a few weeks and possibly a few guitar solos. I just rough mixed a few songs down for them to hear, and I'll probably just sit on the rest of it until they redo those parts.

These guys are friends of mine, and they need a demo, so I recorded them as a favor, and since I've never recorded a band like them before, I gain the knowledge of the things I learned doing it.

sounded pretty good if that is the rough mix.
nice to be able to almost make out the words in a metal song.
id' like to hear it when it's done, but pretty good as it sits.
C>

HEll yeah! Better that most other flaccid attempts at metal I've heard more often than not around here. This reminded me more of old school Anthrax meets Slayer for some reason, though. Listening back on Laptop speakers, it sounded fine on my end...and my wife concurs as well. Just wanted to say "thanks " for that!

I dug the song. Definitely an old school Slayer type vibe to it.
The recording has more of a 'live' feel than a studio recording, but cool in an old school 'garage days' kind of way. The drums are what needs the most help. Almost can't hear the kick.

I look forward to hearing the final recording, though!

Back