rough demos

Rainhard

ok, so i just finished recording some of my own material using my own gear at home. It's by no means amazing quality, but it's the best i can do (I think) with what i got.
anyways, check out my site and have a listen.

www.myspace.com/rainhard

let me know what you think.

rainhard... i don't like your song, i don't listen to that type of music either, but if you'd like im pretty sure i can doctor it up a bit, just LMK if your interested if so.. PM me

Mix wise I'm not really sure where to start...

the kick sounds like a piece of paper...

there's no definition to any of the cymbals/toms
guiars a rediculously loud.
vocals are buried.
mix is too busy sounds like there's some really bad clipping going on.

song critique:

first off play to a click track.. do less fills.. i'm sorry you're just not pulling them off at all.. music like this usually benifits with a simple rhythm section anyway. The timing is all over the place and makes the songs really hard to listen to. They could be alright songs too.

redo all of them
be very very cafurl of your timing
make sure nothing is clipping.

Hey there, i think that you're off to a good start. it sounds like with some help from this forum you will get better at the recording process. check your levels on all of your tracks, and make sure they'e not distorting. adjust them so the vocals can be heard clearly, if the listener has to work trying to make out the words to the song, that's no good.

you'll get there!!

JasonBird

Well, thanks for the input from all. Yeah, I'm just starting to try and record my own stuff so it's overwhelming at first.
but thanks for some input, I know where to proceed and fix.

thanks.

Back