Rolling Stones' "Monkey Man" Cover....

R

RAMI

Yes, another cover. :eek:

I just finished my latest CD, which will be out soon.

So, in the mean time, I'm having some fun with a couple of covers. I've always loved this tune, so I decided to do it for the fun of it.

Let me know what you think. Thanx!

MONKEY MAN (Rolling Stones cover)

Nice!

My only nit would be that I'd like a bit more kick and a bit less snare, but that's only if I'm being really picky.

:D

I really like the in-your-face sound. I agree with NL5, taking down the snare just a touch will do it. Awesome vocals! Great work!

Nice!

My only nit would be that I'd like a bit more kick and a bit less snare, but that's only if I'm being really picky.

:D

I really like the in-your-face sound. I agree with NL5, taking down the snare just a touch will do it. Awesome vocals! Great work!

Hey guys, Thanx alot for the advice. I'm re-mixing it now. I thought the snare might be a little loud, I was going for that Charlie watts in your face snare, but it's probably not sounding balanced. I'll also bring up the kick. Thanx for the ears.

The vocals are really extraordinarily well done here. You sound so much more like Mick than I expected. I mean, I know you can sing, but the inflections and stuff are uncanny.

The whole thing comes across as maybe a little more deliberate and tightly controlled than the original, but it still has enough looseness and groove going on...the panning seems pretty extreme, but it may actually emulate the original and I wouldn't necessarily get that.

Drums sound great to me, but I would certainly defer to others about any possible kick/snare issues. Very well put together rami:D!

While I'm not the biggest Stone's fan and have never heard the original, this sounds extraordinarily well! Your vocals are freakin' awesome as usual. I tend to agree with the kick but the snare sounds ok to me, maybe just a touch loud.

Your guitar tone smokes, man! You might want to add just a touch of air to the slide.

Great stuff!!!!!!!

Nice tambourine work - that is one difficult beat to keep up for soooo long but you are a drummer so I suppose it's in your job description!
I like the drums as they are.
Nice slide work yet again.
All good I'm afraid I can't pick at nits!

The vocals are really extraordinarily well done here. You sound so much more like Mick than I expected. I mean, I know you can sing, but the inflections and stuff are uncanny.

The whole thing comes across as maybe a little more deliberate and tightly controlled than the original, but it still has enough looseness and groove going on...the panning seems pretty extreme, but it may actually emulate the original and I wouldn't necessarily get that.

Drums sound great to me, but I would certainly defer to others about any possible kick/snare issues. Very well put together rami:D!
Thanx alot, Heat. You're right about it sounding more "controlled". It's hard to get that "jamming" feel the Stones have when you're doing things one track at a time. I'm sort of jamming with myself, but it's not the same. The panning is actually less extreme than the original. Thanx for the listen, dude.
Hi

Great stuff as always. I just love listening to your music.

Nice work.

/Jack Real
Hey jack. Thanx alot, man.
Rami Jagger???????

Nicely done.
Thanx, Rage. :cool:
While I'm not the biggest Stone's fan and have never heard the original, this sounds extraordinarily well! Your vocals are freakin' awesome as usual. I tend to agree with the kick but the snare sounds ok to me, maybe just a touch loud.

Your guitar tone smokes, man! You might want to add just a touch of air to the slide.

Great stuff!!!!!!!
Thanx, bro. You should check out the original. It's a weird slide sound. It's the only thing that sounds sort of dis-jointed from the rest of the band when it comes in.
Nice tambourine work - that is one difficult beat to keep up for soooo long but you are a drummer so I suppose it's in your job description!
I like the drums as they are.
Nice slide work yet again.
All good I'm afraid I can't pick at nits!

Thanx Ray. I did the tamborine in one take all the way through, hoping I wouldn't screw and have to start over. :)

Damn dude, you are churning them out these days. I'm not too familiar with this song, but I vaguely remember it. This one sounds good. I have no problem with the kick or snare levels. Guitars sound very good. Bass thumps right along. Vocals sound kick ass as always. Hell, great job all around.

I've been kicking around the idea of covering an old Stones song myself. I got one in mind. I might just do it now. :)

Damn, you sound like Jagger here, RAMI!:eek:
(are you working on the big lips, too...?:D)
Great singing, really nice guitar work. Love the way you panned everything. I thought the levels of the kick and the snare were Ok. Kick has quite a boom to it, but that could be my sub....
Groovin' all the way, bro!

Joe :):):):)

Dude....one of my fav Stones tunes! Killer guitars...are you using standerd tuining? Not sure if Keef is in open G on this...you definetly got the groove going on...My only nit would be the rthym guitars are just a little dry..imho....Man, would love to hear you do "Can't You Hear Me Knocking"....
Kick ass man, great job!

Damn dude, you are churning them out these days. I'm not too familiar with this song, but I vaguely remember it. This one sounds good. I have no problem with the kick or snare levels. Guitars sound very good. Bass thumps right along. Vocals sound kick ass as always. Hell, great job all around.

I've been kicking around the idea of covering an old Stones song myself. I got one in mind. I might just do it now. :)
Thanx, Greg. I tried to stay pretty close to the original, except that the original has piano in it, which I replaced with a clean guitar.

Do the Stones cover you wanted to do. They're fun to cover.
Damn, you sound like Jagger here, RAMI!:eek:
(are you working on the big lips, too...?:D)
Great singing, really nice guitar work. Love the way you panned everything. I thought the levels of the kick and the snare were Ok. Kick has quite a boom to it, but that could be my sub....
Groovin' all the way, bro!

Joe :):):):)
Thanx Joey. I sang a lot of Jagger in clubs over the years. I find him pretty easy to do.
Dude....one of my fav Stones tunes! Killer guitars...are you using standerd tuining? Not sure if Keef is in open G on this...you definetly got the groove going on...My only nit would be the rthym guitars are just a little dry..imho....Man, would love to hear you do "Can't You Hear Me Knocking"....
Kick ass man, great job!

One of my faves, too. I did this in ordinary tuning. I'm not sure if he did it with an open G tuning, but some of the riffs are really weird to play in normal tuning, so it's possible he re-tunes for it. I know the guitars are still drier than the original, but you wouldn't believe how much delay and reverb I have on them. On their version, he sounds like he's being recorded from across the river, it's so wet. I couldn't get it that wet without it being really distant sounding, so I went with what I had. Thanx, man. :cool:

winner winner winner!

Damn fine job there ya yungster!

I suppose you banged this one out in 3 hours or less too ya rat bastard!

Great Job...even if you have 24 hours into it.

i like the tambourine groove. and the intro! the riff at 1:54 sounds like micheal jacksons black or white. i just heard the original monkey man some weeks ago, and it doesnt sound too similar.

i like the tambourine groove. and the intro! the riff at 1:54 sounds like micheal jacksons black or white. i just heard the original monkey man some weeks ago, and it doesnt sound too similar.

At least 3 other bands have tunes called "Monkey Man". You probably didn't hear the one by the Stones. That riff was written and recorded by Keith Richards about 25 years before "Black and White", you ignorant retard.

Either way, your opinion is as worthless as that pathetic shit you come up with and try to pass off as music. I told you I'm staying out of your threads and you said you'd stay out of mine, so fuck off and go program your Casio, you talentless waste of oxygen. :rolleyes:

Back