Thread: A rocker for you guys

Thanks

Arrow A rocker for you guys

Sign in to disable this ad
    I know this is just a quick mix and there's a few mistakes in there, some pretty big, but I'm looking for comments on the song, what could be better, or any other production ideas. Just so you know the keys part twords the end is going to be bass part, when we get a player. Here's the link http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=1627&alid=-1

Thanks
    Was this recorded live? Sounds pretty good. I don't really dig the scooped-mids guitar tone, but that's just me.

The drummer needs to work on his groove and not worry so much about fills and fancy footwork. Seems to be a common problem with drummers. A good bassist would probably help that.

Singer could work on his breathing/delivery. He sounds a bit tentative sometimes.

I'd like to hear this with a full band!

Thanks
    I really don't like the heavy EQ treatment on this one. It ended up really muddy. There are some mic proximity problems in the vox....I can't listen anymore...sorry.

I am not going bald goddammit!!I'm just to tall for my hair.
    Thanks
    i thought the drummer was the best part of this.there were times
    when he wasnt quite getting in the groove,but he was reaching for it,and that was cool.

Thanks
    Originally posted by sheppard
    i thought the drummer was the best part of this.there were times
    when he wasnt quite getting in the groove,but he was reaching for it,and that was cool.
    I agree with that. Vocals seemed way to dry for this though. Dug the groove. I didn't have to much problem with the scooped mid gtr tone, but thought it could of came up some more and the vocals need to be drenched with some verb of some kind. Thats all

Thanks

Not to bad

if i had to make any comments it would be to compress the vocals a touch to even them out, or in the actual performance work the mic a little better so that certain words don't jump out so much. The drum sound is pretty good, toms are a little funny sounding, but it may just be the speed that they are being hit. I like the drum beats alot...just need some tightening in spots. Guitars should be a hair more in your face for this i think, and the vocals need a bit of verb to blend and not stick out from the mix so much. Will be damn good when finalized..good job!
    WHAT AM I DOING?

Thanks
    Thanks for all the responses. Yep this was all live, I record all our practices. I do agree about the toms, but my drums suck and hopefully I'll have enough cash by the summer to snag my Conaway custom drums I've had my eye on, *drool*... You're right about the vocals too, needs more verb. I think this song is coming around pretty well, we've only had it for four days, so it's in pretty heavy development.

Thanks
    Yea!!!Rock!!!This is total Beavis rock!!!**** for effort and wanton heavyness.Vox really reaching.Great groove at times.Drummer playing his balls off.Reminds me of a younger version of myself.Lyrics aren't bad at all..Piano part is a joke...Stop it!!!!Where's the F*CKIN' Guitar solo!!!!That feeling your singing about?None here.Sloppy ending...
    My Meat Has Worms...

Thread Information