Rock song needs feedback!

Try turning the gain on your amp up to ten and stand facing it directly in front of it.

(ba dum bum)

...be right back...

Sounds really good man. I think when those drums kick in the guitar gets a little too loud. For example listen to the left channel at 1:12. It sounds about 3-5 dB's louder than the vocal. And also louder than the drums.

Did you record a guitar amp with two mics? Or is it just the effects panned right? Either way I'd consider pulling the guitar(s) closer to the center and lowering the level...3dB to start?

Overall, I think the bass could come up. That might help glue the parts together better.

This is a nicely written song. I like the harmonies too. It's a great mood you've set. I'm sure you'll get more useful help from others.

Good tune.

Tom

I like this song! It's really good, but there are a few little things that I would change to improve it:

a) Personally, I don't like the way it passes, in the begining, form slowly mood to faster rhythm. I would start that with a bit of drums and then the guitar to start with the verse.

b) I don't like that descending armonics (pim-pim-pam-pum) you play at the begining of the verse, they sound a bit not-in-tune, and seem a kind of someone ringing you at home.

c) I would give a little more importance to the bass in the general song, but specially in the solo-guitar part.

For the rest, huge songwriting!

hey, sounds pretty good to me. i agree with sluice that the guitars might be a little too wide for the rest of the mix. they stick out. also, whatever that guitar thing is your doing at like 1:10 with harmonics or something really high up there is out of tune and sounds weird.

like the harmonies.

i like it. i really like how your guitars sound, nice and tight.

i personally think there might be a tad too much reverb on the vox, but that's just me.

what's your recording setup? soundcard, preamp, mics, software, etch..

Hey, this is a great song.

I really like the way the backing vocals are done.

I agree with Jotosuds that the reverb on the lead vocal could come down a bit.

Great clean guitar sounds.

I'm definately saving this one, thanks for sharing!

travis

I dig the guitar "hook"

Dude you’ve got a wonderful hook with that D# E D# B on the clean elec. Why not stick it into some of those nice silent breaks you got in between verses, to introduce them?

Also at around 4:53 it would fit nicely in the back ground panned left and right and sort of swelling, if you shorten the B to an eight, to match the other three notes, staccato like: dadedadumdadedumdadedadum…

I love the solo at 3:37
Great tune!

(In a perfect world we could broad-cast this web site and listen to it on our radios.)

p.s., just read the other posts, while the clean elec. could be a little hot (except in the solo, it was dead on there), I didn't think it was out of tune

Nice! Guitar playing really cool.

Sort of like Joe Jackson singing with XTC.

Kind of Dire Straits-ey lead.

Could maybe use a bit of synth pad in parts maybe. Good Job!

The Joe Jackson observation was right on. Agree on the nice harmonies too.

This has been covered pretty well. The only thing I might add is that in certain parts, the vocals get a little tough to hear. When there is just the one vocal part during the verses, it gets covered a bit.

I also thought that there is not quite the same resolution and clarity on the vox as there are on the instruments.

it does have a J.J. feel.. the mix still needs some tweaks as mentioned.. good song and vocals though..

edit - nice guitar solo..

i dont really have anything new to add.
Love the harmonies and the backup vox w/ the distortion on it.
the solo is amazing!
This is a emotional song damnit!

great job on this!

Hey everyone, thanks a lot for the feedback on this song. I really appreciate it. Addressing some of the comments:

The harmonic guitar notes may be a little loud, but I think if I bring them way back in the mix, they will color the background just enough to give it some extra depth. When I recorded that part, I wanted to just color and not add a noticable part. The fact that you guys can all distinctly hear it shows that it's too loud.

I agree, there is a little too much reverb on the Vox. Also, I am going to put a little tighter reverb on it instead of that long decay.

Bass needs compression.

I have a couple other songs posted from my band "Glikk" if you guys are interested:

Inside Your Head:

Assim:

www.glikk.com

Back